CHAPTER 26

Throw it away

Forget yesterday

We'll make the great escape

Luke calls me. Again. He's being trying to reach me all week and I bet that he would come by Nathan's too if he knew I was there. I'm just not really in the mood to talk to him right now.

I just don't get it. My last boyfriend cheated on me too but in a week I got over it. Why can't I get over Luke too?

"He called again?" Nathan asks.

"It's either him or Jai." I say sadly.

"Why don't you try to talk to him?" he asks again.

"Talk to who?"

"Both." he says and sits next to me on the bed.

"Because it's hard to talk to Jai. I  mean, when I left I said some really bad things." I say.

The truth is that I do want to go back. But I don't know how I'm suppose to deal with everything. Mum, obviously, didn't even care to let me know about dad. Plus, she's always to busy with her business trips and stuff.

"And Luke?"

"Because... Because I love him,okay? Here I said it. I love him so much and I need him more than anything else right now." I burst into tears in Nathan's arms.

"He didn't cheat on you, you know." he says after I calm myself down a bit.

"Why are you defending him?" I exclaim once again.

For the past week Nathan and the guys try to make me believe that he didn't cheat on me. But they were kissing. I know what I saw.

"Because he didn't." he says.

"How did you even know?" I ask falling behind onto the bed.

"Because he told me." he says.

"And you believed him?" I ask.

"You should just see him, Beth." he says. "He's not like he used to be. He's sad and doesn't care about anything. Jessica and all the girls are hitting on him and he just pushes them away. And he told me he loves you." he says.

I smile. I know, I am not suppose to do so but I can't help it.

"And tomorrow at school you'll see it by yourself." he says.

Shit! I forgot about school. My suspension lasted for only a week and Mrs Stanford didn't report this. She said that I was sick in bed and Jai did so too

My phone rings again. This time it's Jai. I grab my phone and pick it up only to see a smiling Nathan staring at me.

"Hey, Jaiden." I say smiling.

~~

First day at school after a week. And Luke's nowhere to be seen. Good for me. I don't think I'll be able to deal with him and his issues now. Although, I'm starting to believe that he didn't really cheat on me. But I can't show that to anyone now.

I've only seen Jessica, who is staring at me grinning. But I couldn't care less.

The bell rings and now it's the hardest part of the day. Music's class.

"Can we talk?" Luke asks as soon as I take my sit next to him.

"About what?  I think you made it very clear when you were sucking Jessica's face." I fake a smile.

"You know that didn't happen. She kissed me." he says and grabs my hand but I pull away.

"Keep telling yourself that." I say as Mrs Stanford walks in.

"So, Elizabeth, I hope you got informed about the school musical." she says and smiles at me.

"I want to talk to you about it." I say and she says a simple "later".

"Are there any suggestions?" she says.

The class stays quiet for a while before Calum raised his hand.

"The great escape, boys like girls."he says.

"Τhat's my ring tone." I whisper to Calum and he nods.

Luke raises his hand.

"Terrible things. Mayday Parade. This song talks about how the love of his life died and he's mad with life. But that's wrong. When someone says they are sorry they should be forgiven." he says and stares at me.

"I can't do that anymore by Faith Hill." I stare at him.

"Why not Hillary Duff." he raises his voice.

"Australian, sorry, American Idiot. Green Day." I say and smile at him.

"So What by Pink." he says.

"Tha-" I begin to say but get cut off by Mrs Stanford.

"Okay, no more songs for today." she says. "Luke, Beth I want to see you two in my office." she says as the bell rings.

Great. I'm in trouble again.

''Can somebody please tell me what's going on?" she looks at us.

''Not really.'' Luke says.

"What's Luke trying to say is that it's personal and complicated." I shoot him a glare.

"Okay. I can't force you to tell me." her expression softens a bit. " But keep something for the musical too."

"I want to tell you something about the musical." I say looking down.

"I'm listening." she smiles at me.

"I can't take part in it." I say.

"Why not?'' Luke and Mrs Stanford chorus.

"Because there's too much people." I make an excuse. " There are so many great voices in the class. I'm sure that somebody can do it." I smile.

"Okay Beth. I understand. Now you can go." she looks at us.

"Are you totally insane?" Luke yells as soon as we're at the hallway again causing people to stare at us.

"Excuse you?" I yell back.

"Don't say excuse you to me cause it's not working. I can't believe you. You're gonna leave such an opportunity to go away just because of an asshole? I didn't consider you as such an idiot." he yells.

Now more people are staring.

"Maybe I am. You know, since I fell for an asshole.'' I say.

Tears are running down my face and he is left speechless staring at me with the blue eyes I fell for.

"Who knows? Maybe you're lucky enough to have Jessica to sing with you." I wipe my tears and go to my crying place.

I haven't been here in a while. Because I was happy for a while. Who am I kidding? I knew it wasn't going to last. But I was hoping so. I was hoping that Luke would be different. That he wouldn't be like them. I guess I was wrong. I guess I'm always wrong.