CHAPTER 29

I'm a mess without him. I don't know how to explain it. I hate him and love him at the same time. He's all I have in my mind. But he doesn't feel the same. I hate it. How everything is like now. In school we do the same monotonous shit. The whole music class talks about the musical. In which Jessica is still in. She stopped trying to make my life a living he'll now. I guess she got what she wanted; Luke.

They're singing a song Luke and I wrote. Yeah, we wrote a song. It's called "Disconnected".

"...We get so disconnected." they finish the song.

"Luke, it was great. Jessica, you still need some work." she says right before the bell rings.

"Beth?" she says as I head to the door.

"Yes?" I turn to face her.

"Is there something wrong sweetie? I told you I didn't report anything. I told them you were sick or with me." she says.

"I know, Mrs Stanford." I say.

"Then what's bothering you?" she asks worried.

I know it will sound weird but Mrs Stanford has helped me so much. I can consider her as my friend now.

"Nothing." I fake a smile.

"Are you sure?" she asks again.

"No." there's no point in trying to lie to her. So I'd better tell her everything. She can help me.

"I think your brother and Nathan are right. Luke has feelings for you." she says.

"How do you know, Mrs Stanford? I ask.

"First, call me Anna when we're alone. I'm not just one teacher and your not just one student." she says.

"Okay, Anna." I smile. "So, how do you know?"

"You wrote this song together, right?" she asks.

"Yes." I say and she smiles. But then it hit me. "Wait, how do you know?"

"He keeps on looking at you." she says.

"No he doesn't."

"Yes he does. And you stare at him." she chuckles.

"Wha- of course not." I deny it.

Hell yeah I stare. We wrote the song together and now he's singing it with her. And I love him. Don't forget that.

"Okay, okay." she laughs again. "Just try talking to him."

"Okay. Thanks Mrs Sta- Anna." I say and head out of class.

"Nice save up kid." she says.

As weird as it may sound that talk helped me a lot.

"When I sing with Luke it will be just perfect." I overhear Jessica talking to her more fake that her personality friends. "And he'll fall in love with me and we are gonna get married and have cute children."

Okay, maybe I made up the part about the marriage and children but whatever.

And the best thing, it didn't even disgust me this time. I guess I'm getting over him. Or I'm sure that he has feelings for me. Either way, I like this feeling.

~~

"Hey guys." I smile as I sit to out table. "Nice bandana Ash."

"Thanks?" he says and they all give me weird looks.

"What?" I ask and stuff food in my mouth. The looks are getting weirder, if that's even possible.

"You suppose to be a mess." Miranda says.

I just shrug and eat more.

"Talking about messes." Aaron says as Luke walks to our table.

"Luke, you look terrible." Calum states.

"Thanks." Luke says sarcastically.

"No need to be rude." Calum says.

"What my mate, Cal, here wanted to say is that you're  a good looking slash terrible looking Australian." Michael smiles proudly.

"Michael." Mark says. "That doesn't even make sense slash you're an idiot."

We all look at him wide-eyed. Mark doesn't talk much. How about calling someone an idiot.

"Anyway." Ashton says. "What happened?"

"I'm sad." he says.

"We can see that." Calum says and everyone, except me as usual, nod.

"I'm having a bad hair day, okay?" he exclaims.

Lie. Luke's hair is perfect as every day. I don't think that boy knows what "bad hair day" means.

"Why don't you try talking to your hair?" Michael asks. "Maybe it will understand."

Whoah, what did I loose? I look at Miranda and Stephanie that have the same puzzled look that I do.

"I don't think it'll understand. My hair can be so stubborn sometimes." he says.

"Tell it how you feel. I'm sure it will." Michael insists on this hair thing.

"Hair, I love you. I'm sorry but it's not my fault. I didn't want to make you feel bad and I didn't want to talk to you like that. It just hurts so much. You see, it's the first time I fall in love with those pretty hair of yours and I lost you. I'm sorry." Luke says.

"Good boy." Michael smiles at him and he forces a smile.

Oh no. I think I understood who hair is.