CHAPTER 13

I will say it one more time so you people don't think it's something else. When they say like they mean as a friend not as anything else. So, enjoy.

-------------------------------------

Hopefully, there's no school today. The teachers are having a meeting or something like that. So, a Tuesday without Miranda.

''Hey.'' Luke says as he enters his room.

''Hey. How long have you been up?'' I ask him.

''Just for a while. It's about ten if you wonder.'' he says.

''What are you looking for?'' I ask him as he looks through the room, obviously trying to find something.

''My shirt. I don't remember where I put it last night.'' he says.

''You mean, that shirt?'' I stand up and show him the shirt I'm wearing.

''Oh yeah.'' he laughs. ''I forgot I gave it to you.''

I know it is weird but my mum didn't gave me enough shirts, so until they are done being washed I have to wear Luke's shirts. Unless I want to walk around just in my bra. And I don't.

''Do you want it?'' I ask him.

''Nah. I was just looking for it. Black looks good on you anyways.'' he chuckles.

''I know, right?'' I pose making him laugh even more.

''By the way...'' I ask after we're done laughing. ''Why didn't you put me sing yesterday?''

It has been bothering me all night.

''I figure that you didn't want to. I thought it was better if it was just me and you at the beginning.'' he says.

''Yeah, thanks.'' I flash him a smile. 

''Nothing.'' he replies smiling as well.

After a while I break the silence.

''My dad... he died a year ago. And singing reminds me of him. I used to sing with him but now he's gone. He's not gonna play his guitar again. And I just can't think of it.'' I feel like tears are streaming down my face.

He just comes and gives me a tight hug. Strangely enough, being with him makes me feel better.

''I didn't know. I'm- I'm sorry.'' he tries not to cry too.

''You weren't suppose to. Only Nathan knows and that's because he is a family friend.'' I cry out.

''How?'' he asks.

''Cancer. Doctors said that even if he lived, he couldn't have a normal life. He would just be in the hospital until he died. So, I guess, it's better that way.'' I mumble in his chest trying not to cry anymore.

''Why are you telling me this?'' he asks as he pulls away to look in my eyes.

''I don't know. I just thought it was going to be a good start if you knew why I can't sing.'' I say.

''True.'' he gives me a small smile and wipes the tears under my eyes with his thumb.

~~

It's been about two hours that I confessed everything to Luke. Now we're out with the rest of the guys and our new friends.

''Hey.. Why don't we play twenty questions on everybody to get to know each other better?'' Michael suggests.

We all mumble some 'yeah, sure' or 'why not' and the game starts.