CHAPTER 4

Okay, so chapter 4. Hope you like this story so far. So people. enjoy!!

-------------------------------------

Right now, I'm in my room, not knowing what to do.

I start doing my homework, but I can't consecrate. I keep on thinking about today.

''You don't look terrible. You look perfect.''

''He likes you too.''

This isn't possible, right? I mean, come on, he's Luke Hemmings and I'm Elisabeth Morgan. Of course this isn't possible. Why would he even look at me?

I open my laptop and log in on Skype waiting for Nathan to call.

After five minutes, somebody calls me.

So, Nathan you finally woke up.

But it's not my best friend.

''LukeHemmo1996''

Wait, what? That must be a mistake, right?

I take a couple of minutes to think if I should accept the call. What if he called by mistake?

If he did, he will just say it right?

I click on accept and a pair of blue eyes are looking at me.

''Hey. For a second I thought that you didn't want to talk to me.'' he says smiling.

''Why wouldn't I? I always talk to boys who would try to kill themselves in the girls' bathroom if they were girls.'' I mock him one more time.

He laughs.

''You're not gonna let it go, are you?''

''Nope.'' I laugh too.

''So, how are you feeling?'' he asks.

So, he didn't call by mistake.

''Better. But still bad.''

He smiles sadly.

''Why was that? I mean, you took a signing class and you can't sing?''

''Luke.. I just... I can't tell you. Not right now. Sorry.'' I say  trying to hold my tears. Enough with crying.

''Yeah... Um... I totally get it if you don't want to talk about it.'' he says a little worried.

''Hey, so.. um.. can I ask you something?'' he says and for a moment I think he's gonna poop himself from anxiety.

''Yeah, sure. Is everything ok?'' I ask.

''Yes, um, I just, um... Can we work together in the physics project? I mean, I'm new in the class and I don't really get what's going on. If you want of course and you haven't plan on doing this with somebody else.'' he babbles.

''YES! Um, I mean, uh, yeah sure, if you want this.'' I say blushing. ''Hey, um, I have to go now. I promised my mum to help her with the housework. See you tomorrow!'' I talk quickly.

Half of it were lies. I haven't promised anything to my mum but I want to help her. Plus, it was a pretty good excuse to hang up before I embarrass myself even more.

''Ok, so see you tomorrow. Can't wait.'' he says.

''Luke..'' I say before he hangs up.

''Yeah?''

''Thanks for today. You know..''

''Anytime.'' he says and with that we are done talking.

I just have to make a quick call before I head downstairs.

''Hey, Beth! I thought you'd forgotten about me.''

''How could I, Nathan?''

''True'' he says laughing. ''I'm unforgettable.''

''Yeah sure.'' I roll my eyes.

''Anyway, did you want something?'' he asks.

''Um, well..''

''Gosh, Beth just say it.'' he says irritated.

''ItalkedtoLukethroughSkypeHecalled.'' I say quickly.

''Whoa, whoa slow down a bit.'' he laughs.

''I talked to Luke through Skype. He called.'' I blush.

''Sooo Romeo called Juliet to see how she's doing'' he mocks.

''Shut up.'' I reply slightly nervous.

''I know he called.'' he finally says.

''What? How?''. What is he talking about.

''I was there, Beth.''

''What?''

''I was there. In his room when he called. He was waiting for you to go online. He was afraid to talk to you at school.'' he admits.

''Where? Why didn't I see you?'' 

He can't be serious, can he?

''You're really stupid, you know. We didn't want you to see me. I was behind the laptop.''

''Oh'' I say. What else should I say? ''I still don't know how you and Luke know each other.'' I bring up exactly what we were talking about before.

''I told you. He's in our maths class.'' he says nervously.

He is definitely hiding something.

''So, first you two mysteriously become friends and he suddenly takes my physics class and he wants to be my partner.'' I inform him.

''Yes. Because he likes you.'' he says again.

''Whatever you say big guy. I have to go now. See ya.''

''See ya tomorrow.''

And with that I hang up.

I check the time. Shit! It's 7.30 and I haven't finished my homework.

I quickly do most of them and when I'm almost done I hear a knock on the door.

''Hey, sweetie.'' my mum says.

''Hey'' I reply.

''So, how was school today?'' she asks as she takes a seat on my bed.

I sit next to her. ''It was alright.'' I lie.

''Nathan told me.''

''What? Why?''

Fuck. Of course he told my mother. I would tell her too if I was him.

''Honey..''

I hug her and cry.

'M-mum, I'm s-so s-sorry. I j-just cou-couldn't.'' I say between my sobs.

''I thought we were over this.'' she says trying not to cry. It still hurts not having him here.

''I t-thought s-so too. It's j-just s-so hard.''

''I know sweetheart. It hurts a lot. But we'll get over this, I promise.''

A tear fell on my hand. I look up at her and she's crying too.

''Mum, please don't cry.''

''You should get some sleep. It's ten o' clock.'' she sniffs.

Wow. I guess time does run quickly.

''Goodnight mum. I love you.''

''I love you too, honey.'' And with that, she leaves my room and closes the door behind her.

I wash my face and lay on my bed, thinking about Luke and Nathan. They're all I can think of now as I slowly drop off.

-------------------------------------

Ok, so this is sad, I know. But you''ll see what happens next. Thanks for reading this! I love you all so much.

xoxox