CHAPTER 27

Guess who was right? Yes, me. Jessica is singing with Luke. It kills me to see him with her but I have to ignore that. Just like I did with him for the past two weeks. At first he tried talking to me but I just turned away. Then, it was just ''hello''s and now some random looks.

"So, Luke, what should we sing in the musical?" Jessica asks smiling and twirling a piece of hair around with her finger.

Yeap, flirting mode in action. But it wasn't affecting Luke. He kept on staring at me for the past hour we were in the library.

He started going there to get away from her and get closer to me. Because that's what nerds do. They hung out in libraries. But she doesn't get the message. So she keeps haunting him.

''El, are you listening?" Miranda asks.

I was there with her and Stephanie. We seem to have gotten really close.

"Yes, of course I am listening." I lie.

"What was Steph talking about?" she raises an eyebrow.

That's an easy one.

"About how amazing Calum is." I say in a duh tone.

"I was talking about you and Luke." she says. "But if you listened, you would know that."

"I'm sorry, it's just-" I get cut off by Luke yelling.

"I don't fucking care about what song you want to sing to the musical. I'm taking part in it because I can't say I don't want to. I have real problems here. But how would you know? Your only problem is how to make your boobs and ass look bigger. And by the way, toilet paper doesn't work." 

That was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I've never heard Luke talking like that. He was always that nice boy who everyone liked.

"See what love does to people?'' Miranda whispers to me.

I just smile. Something I haven't done in a while.

~~

Everyone is talking about Luke's outburst. Jessica is still looking after her huge hurt ego. And the best thing; I know why it happened.

''Mate, what happened?" Calum says to Luke.

I still hang out with him, but only because we have the same friends.

"You completely shut her up." Ashton says.

"She really uses toilet paper to stuff her bra?" Michael says and we all tell him to shut up.

"I don't know, okay?" he finally says. His voice is broken. Just like him. "I have so much anger inside me that I exploded. But I meant every single word I said." he smiles.

That gorgeous smile that used to light up the whole room. Now it just darkens it.

"She was asking for it." Miranda said and everyone agreed.

Everyone except me. I'm not really taking part into their conversations. I just sit there playing with my food.

"Beth? Are you okay?" I feel Nathan's hand squeezing my knee.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I fake a smile but I know they don't believe me. I guess I'm just trying to lie to myself so I won't feel so broken. But it really isn't working.

"You look- Ugh, let it go.'' he says.

"I look what?'' I yell. "Terrible, awful, hurt? Well, guess what I don't care." I stand up and run out of the cafeteria as all the students are looking at me.

 I just need some time and space. To get my shit together.

~~

"Hey, bro." I say as I walk in my house.

Yes, I'm back home. And everything is how it used to be before I find out about dad. I talked things out with mum and Jai and I and I realised that they are my family. And so was dad. He may wasn't my biological one but he loved me like a real father would do.

"Hey, sis." he says. "How was school?"

"A pain in my ass, as always." I say and he smirks.

"Elizabeth Catherine Morgan watch your language!" my mum yells from the kitchen.

"Sorry." I yell back.

"Did you talk to that pretty boy of yours?" he asks.

Of course I told him everything about Luke. Jai is an expert in relationships. He has been dating Barbara for three years now and he seems to be really into her. Back to the point. Jai thinks that Luke didn't cheat on me and that it was actually a set up from Jessica.

"Jai. You know it's not that simple." I groan.

"Did you even try to?" he insists.

"Remember what happened the last time we tried to talk?" I say referring to the whole "song title fighting" thing.

"Yes. And that happened because you didn't even try." he points out.

"But I don't want to try. What if he does it again?" I say. "I can't handle it, okay? It's just too much."

"You really love him, don't you?" he asks.

"Yes, Jai. You know, I hate to admit it but I'm deeply madly truly in love with Luke." I say.

"You should tell him sometime." he says.