CHAPTER 21

''So, how was it?'' I ask.

''Perfect. We went to Nandos. I know, not fancy but it was exactly what I wanted. A night out with Calum. No fancy things. Just him and me.''

''Ow, Steph. So I'm guessing you had a really good time.'' I smile.

''Yeah.'' she returns.

I can hear some faded voices from behind.

''Morning baby, want breakfa- oh, shit.'' Calum appears.

''Good to see you too, Cal.'' I say and he blushes.

''Anyway, breakfast?'' he asks Steph.

''Sure. Just don't poison it.''

''Ha ha ha. You and your humor.'' he says kissing her cheek.

''You're at Calum's?'' I ask excitedly

She nods.

''So, that means...?''

''Yeah.'' she smiles.

~~

''So, they're dating?'' Luke asks.

''Yes.'' I reply.

''About time.'' he says and I smile.

''I'm bored.'' I change the subject.

''Yeah, so am I.'' he says.

''What do you wanna do?'' he looks down at me.

''I don't know. What do you wanna do?'' I ask as I wrap my arms around his neck.

''I'm planning something for later. But we can go for a walk or something like that.''

''Sounds good. No carrying this time. We'll both gonna walk. Or skateboard.''

''Okay.'' he laughs. 

~~

''What's you're thing with this place?'' I ask and get of my skateboard.

He does the same and follows me.

''My thing?''

''Well, yeah. Every time we go for a walk we end up here.'' I say and sit next to him on a bench. 

''I dunno. It's nice. I come here to think.'' he shrugs.

''About youth?'' I say laughing.

''What? Oh, not that again.'' he says and tries to calm me down but I only laugh harder .

''Come on. I couldn't admit it then.'' he says and joins me.

''I want to talk to you about Miranda.'' I say as soon as we calm down.

He nods telling me to start.

''You're probably gonna wonder why I am so good to her now. We used to be friends. Best friends. It was just me and her. We did everything together. But, there was Jessica Simpson. She was jealous of our friendship so she ruined it by lying to both of us. And this is why we hated each other. But she needs help, Luke. She is depressed. She has no one. I don't want anything to happen to her. She needs someone to be there for her. Her parents died when she was ten. Car accident. They can't help her. She stays to her grandma's but she doesn't understand. I'm the only one who knows.'' I explain.

''Wow. I guess people are different than what they look.'' he says and I nod.

''I'm with you into this. We're gonna help her together.'' he hugs me.

''Thanks.'' I say.

''This thing I'm planning for tonight.'' he says.

''And which you're not gonna tell me what it is.'' I cut him.