Chapter 1 - Just the Beginning

I finished up my make up and headed out the door.

" Hey, could you lead me to the office?" I asked a young girl, about 11.

"All the way down to the right." She said.

" Thank you." I flashed a smile.

First girl I've talked to in a while who seems really calm around me and treated me like a normal person.

"Hi. I'm here to give a speech."

"Yes, Miss. Lovato. Just one moment. Please take a seat." The woman said while still talking on the phone

I did as I was instructed, though if you ask me, it seems kind of stupid. This middle aged woman whom I have never met couldn't put down the phone for one minute to instruct me where to go. Now, I have to seat in these seats designed for trouble makers, but oh well, I'll just play it cool.

I continued sitting as some girl with brown hair in piggy tails came and sat down beside me. Wait, is this the girl I met earlier?

"Hey." I said.

"Hi."

"What's your name?" I politely asked.

"Why do you care?"

"Emily!" The principal (I assume) yelled out.

The girl got up and left.

"Miss. Lovato, the auditorium is all the way at the other end of the hallway. You may now head there as students are going to be waiting."

"Yes, ma'am."

Is she serious? That's what I was going to do and then she told me to sit.

EMILY'S POV:

"Ugh." I said as I sat down in the chair, throwing my backpack on the floor.

"Emily? What were you thinking, spray painting the girls bathroom.

"I was thinking it would be nice to do something fun for a change. This school is so lame."

"Miss. Emily, if you keep acting out like this, I'm going to have to give you in school suspension."

"So, I got nothing better to do anyways."

"Now, I know That's not true Emily."

"As a principal, I care about all my students and because I care about you, I want you to spend the next week in detention. My office; every day after school; 3:45-5:00. Now, you better hurry up if you want to catch Demi's speech."

I sighed; grabbed my backpack and headed to the auditorium.

Who's Demi? I thought.

I walked down to the auditorium and quickly grabbed the first seat I saw, which just so happened to be the first seat in the first row, only feet away from the woman every one seems to be going crazy for.

Hands clapped, students cheered as this so called Demi approached the auditorium.

"Hi, everyone. I'm Demi. Some of you may know me from Sonny With a Chance and from my latest album Tell Me You Love Me, but today I'm not here to talk about either of those."

Wow, this woman seems stuck up.

Ouch. I winced in pain as I looked over to see who punched me. Of course, I was too busy trying to sit down, so I wasn't the only one standing up, to see who I sat by. Well, of course, it is my head bully, Ashley.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt your cutting arm?" She laughed.

"I'm sorry, what was that? Would you like to say that in front of everyone?" This Demi chick said.