Chapter 50 - The After Effect

Emily's POV:

"Morning Emily." Demi said as I sat down at the table with her. She placed a cup of coffee in front of me.

"My head hurts." I rubbed my forehead.

"That's called a hangover. Drink the coffee, it'll help."

"So, why'd you go to the party last night?" Demi asked me.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Emily. You're eleven, almost twelve. You are way too young to be at a party." She told me with a serious expression on her face.

Trigger Warning

"It's always I'm too young for this, too young for that! Leave me the fuck alone!" I stormed all the way up to my room, slamming my door. I went into my bathroom. I got the blade I had hidden under my bathroom sink and started slicing my wrist. One cut, turned into four cuts, which turned into eight cuts. They were all deep, but not deep enough for medical attention.

I undressed, turned on the shower head, and got in, feeling the burning sensation on my cuts.

"Are you okay in there?" I heard Demi holler through the door.

"I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute." I replied with a rude tone to my voice.

I turned off the shower, got dressed, and walked out of the bathroom to see Demi sitting on my bed. She patted the area right beside her and I sat down.

"Do you want to talk about anything?" She asked.

I rubbed my chin.

"Hmmm, how much trouble am I in for last night?" I asked.

"I don't know. Are you going to tell me what's going on?" She asked.

"Nothing's fuckin' going on!" I yelled.

"Emily deep breath, clearly something is going on." She raised my sleeve a little.

"Instead of yelling at me, try to talk to me." She said.

"I don't feel like talking, I just want to sleep. My head hurts and I'm really not in the mood." I said.

"Alright, but just know that I am here for you when you are ready to talk. You are also grounded for the rest of the day for the party last night, so I will be taking your phone. You can have it back tomorrow morning." She said.

I scoffed and threw myself on to my pillows.

Demi's POV:

"You are also grounded for the rest of the day for the party last night, so I will be taking your phone. You can have it back tomorrow morning." I told her.

I went downstairs and decided to unlock her phone in hopes that I will be able to figure out what is going on. Her phone was not that difficult to unlock. She was a huge lovatic before she came in to my care, I just immediately tried my birthday and it unlocked.

I started scrolling through her messages. I know what you're thinking. I'm invading her privacy, but it is for the best. I have got to figure out what is going on with her.

Kayleigh. I haven't heard of a Kayleigh. I clicked on her contact and started scrolling through the messages.

Fat.

Whore.

Kill yourself bitch.

I'm glad you're homeschool, now I never have to see your fat ass again.

Outrageous what this girl is saying. These kids are fuckin' eleven. For Emily to have to go through this at such a young age, it's not right.

I decided to lay off the messages. I think I've read enough to realize that this Kayleigh chick is Emily's bully. This must be why Emily's moods keep changing so rapidly, well that and the fact that she has ADHD.

Maybe I never told you, but shortly after I adopted Emily, I began noticing that she had trouble focusing and her moods could change very frequently if she was being bothered by something, so yes, Emily is diagnosed with ADHD. She takes a pill for it, but if she purges at all during the day, that includes her pill being purged, so that doesn't help anything.

I went up in hopes of talking to Emily. She was asleep on her bed.

I whispered, "I love you", kissed her on her forehead and closed the door so it was only open a crack.

Thanks for reading! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment!