Chapter 35 - The Last Day

Emily's POV

"Morning girls." The 'annoying lady' said.

I've heard this for the past two days now and let me tell you, two days is enough. Demi never wakes me up at 6:00 in the morning. Anyways, today's the day I get to go home. I talked to Demi last night and she's picking me up at 6 this evening. Just another 12 hours and I'm freeeee.

I quickly got changed and headed to group therapy where we went around the circle talking about our goals for the day and our goals for the year. Group therapy kind of sucks. The only time we ever open up is our first group therapy where we are introducing our selves. It's really not even therapy at all.

My goal for the entire year is... wait, I have none.

.

The rest of the day wasn't too bad. I managed to choke down another meal. That's alright. I can purge at home.

I sat on the bench in front of the doors, patiently waiting for Demi's arrival.

"Demi!" I said, running up to her.

"I missed you so much baby girl."

"I missed you too. This place is like the actual Hell."

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Let's check you out." She said and grabbed my hand.

"How's life with Nick?" I asked as we walked up to the front desk.

"Great. He's great."

I smiled at her.

"I'd like to check out Emily." She told the lady at the desk.

"Oh yes. Emily. It is your day to go home, huh."

I nodded.

"She has done progressively well here. She ate all of her meals and has not self-harmed once. I even saw her spending her free-time with a couple of friends." She told Dems.

"She told me about one of her friends." She looked at me and said "I am very proud of her."

" Not everyone does that well their first time in a psych unit." The lady smiled at me.

Demi smiled at her and with that, we left.

"So what now?" I asked as we headed to her car.

"Now, we go home."

"Good cause I just got my period." I replied.

Demi chuckled and said "you didn't ask for any hygiene products there?"

"It's embarrassing." She shook her head at me and smiled.

"We'll stop at a quick shop. It's a 30 minute drive to home."

"Thanks." I said.

"Of course baby girl." She replied.

.

"Here." She said, handing me her purse.

"You're trusting me to go inside by myself?" I asked, in shock.

"I guess I am." She replied.

I smiled and went inside.

Looks like pretending like I was trying worked.

TRIGGER WARNING

I quickly opened the bathroom door. It's a one person bathroom so we're good there.

I shoved my fingers down my throat and continued to puke until only blood came out. That at least got out today's meal. Hopefully I won't gain too much weight from the past two days meals. I'm fat enough as it is.

I then sat on the toilet, pulled down my pants and began slicing at my thigh.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five deep cuts.

I smiled at my work and looked in Demi's purse.

I began frantically digging in her purse. No bandaids. Damn. What do I do now? I can either pull up my pants, walk out and hope no one notices, but I'm also wearing white. It's going to go right through.

I sighed and dialed Demi's number.

Demi: Emily. Is everything okay?

I sighed.

Me: Please come to the bathroom.

Demi: What's wrong?

Me: I screwed up. Please just come.

Demi's POV

I hope I did the right thing by trusting Emily. I don't want to hold her down only to make problems worth. She needs some independence. She's twelve for crying out loud.

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and pulled it out and saw Emily's name.

Crap. Crap. Crap. That is all I could think.

I answered.

Me: Emily. Is everything okay?

I heard her sigh on the other end.

Emily: Please come to the bathroom.

Me: What's wrong?

She is really starting to worry me.

Emily: I screwed up. Please just come.

I knew I shouldn't have let her go alone.

I sighed and got out of the car, walking at a brisk pace all the way to the bathroom.

I knocked three times.

"Emily, baby girl. It's me. Please unlock the door.

I heard her turning the lock.

"Don't open the door very far." I heard her say.

I opened the door, just enough for me to squeeze in.

I saw her sitting on the toilet with blood dripping down her thigh.

"What do I do? I-I wearing white a-and y-you d-don't have a-any b-bandaids in your p-purse." She said as tears filled her eyes.

I walked over to her and wiped the tears off her face.

I got down so I was at her eye level and told me "everything is going to be okay".

I took my flannel shirt off which I was wearing over my Metallica shirt and handed her the flannel.

"Pull your jeans up and wrap this around your waist."

For a minute, I think I saw hope fill her eyes.

"W-what about your car? W-what if the b-blood gets on it?"

"Cars are replaceable. You're not." I told her and we got up, about to walk out of the bathroom.

"Wait." She quickly said.

I raised me eyes at her and said "what is it?"

"I haven't put in the tampon yet."

I smiled at her, shaking my head.

"Quickly." I told her and stood in the corner, facing away from her while she quickly took care of it.

I heard her washing up and said "good to go?"

She nodded and we left.

.

COMMENT AND VOTE!

Love y'all!