Chapter 23 - What Happens on the Fifth Floor Stays on the Fifth Floor

Demi and I went shopping for some new swimwear. She got a one piece swimsuit with black and white stripes and I got a long-sleeved swim shirt and some boy shorts made for swimming.

"Now you can go swimming." Demi told me on the way back to the hotel.

I smiled at her.

"Do you want to go swimming when we get back?" She asked.

"I'm really tired.

"Alright."

We got back to the hotel and I immediately went to our room, quickly changed in to a nice semi-dressy outfit. It was literally black distressed jeans with a violet sweater and my blush one-star converse. Not super dressy, but totally me.

"Where are you going? I thought you were tired." Demi said, slightly skeptical, as I went back out into the living room.

"No where." I replied.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Positive." I looked down, then proceeded with "I forgot my phone in our bedroom. Could you go get it for me?"

"Why?" Demi asked, raising her eyebrows up at me.

"I'm tired." I said while lying down.

"Mhm. Come with me." She instructed.

"No. I'm good."

"Then you're going to have to come up with a better excuse than that."

"I'm on my period."

"Oh." Demi said while getting up.

I quietly ran out of the room and to the elevator.

I knocked on room 511.

"Hey. Who invited... you. Come on in." The cute guy said as he was literally looking me up and down.

"Beer?" He offered. I of course took it.

So many people. Such loud music. So many red solo cups. Why does that remind me of something?

Some random guy came up to me and started dancing with me. I of course went along. Random Guy. Cute. Polite, well semi-polite. All things I look for in a guy.

"I'm Emily." I said as he pulled away.

"Trevor's the name. Dancins' the game."

"Conceited much." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry?"

"Nothing." I said.

"Be right back." He said as he walked to the door.

I danced some more, by myself, picking up a lit cigarette I saw laying on the table beside me and popping it into my mouth.

"What are you doing?" Demi said as she took the cigarette out of my mouth.

"Just having fun." I said while laughing and dancing.

"Are you drunk?" She asked.

"Me? Never."

Demi's POV:

"Hi. Is Emily here?" I said as some guy with brown spiked hair opened the door.

"Emily"? Yeah. You a friend of hers'?" He asked.

"You could say that." I said as I walked past him.

Everywhere I looked there were red cups in peoples hands. You could say that's fruit punch, but I beg to differ.

"What are you doing?" I asked Emily as I approached her. A cigarette? I don't think so.

I took the cigarette out of her mouth.

"Just having fun." She said with some very noticeably slurred speech and laughter.

"Are you drunk?" I asked her.

"Me? Never." She replied.

I gently grabbed her arm. I know I'm mad or mostly disappointed in her, but that doesn't mean that I want her to flinch, right now, in front of everyone. She would hate me forever. Well, probably not literally.

I led her all the way back to our hotel room and instructed her to go to bed.

"You're going to have a headache whenever you wake up. Take these when that happens." I told her as I put two Tylenol and a Gatorade on her bedside table.

She nodded her head.

"We'll talk about this in the morning." I told her while closing her door.

I think I'll crash on the couch tonight.

Thanks for reading!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter.

What do you think Emily's punishment should be?

Have a great day/night!

Love y'all!