Chapter 11 - Life Sucks

***trigger warning (talks about self-harm)***

2 Weeks Later

Demi's POV:

"Emily! Are you almost ready?!?!?" I hollered up the stairs.

"Fuck yeah!" Emily said as she carried two packed suitcases down the stairs.

"What? Are you carrying Earth in there?"

"No. I just wanted to make sure that I had all the necessities. You know, clothes, makeup..."

"The World globe..." I interrupted.

"Shut up." She said as she sat both suitcases down in front of the stairs.

Gosh. I love joking with her, but she's gonna hate me for my next action.

"Emily. I'm so so incredibly happy you're excited to go. I've never gotten the chance to go on tour with a daughter or mine..."

"That would be because I'm your only daughter and this is your first tour with me."

"Okay, smartass. I love you Emily and this is why I need to check your bags."

"Check my what?"

"I need to check your bags, just to make sure that you don't have anything in there that you can harm yourself with."

"Ugh. These are my bags. You don't have the right."

"Emily... I'm sorry... This is something I need to do." I walked up and started unzipping her bags.

She folded her arms and sat down on the couch.

"This is stupid. Fuck you."

I ignored her and started my search for blades. Razors. Anything, which I know is in here. She has an addiction.

Three blades so far. I sat those down by the bags.

"I didn't put those in there." She said defensively.

"Emily, I'm not criticizing." I told her.

I moved onto the next bag. 4 blades and 2 shaving razors. Gosh, I'm so so incredibly thankful I thought to do this search. My poor baby.

"How am I supposed to shave without my razors?"

"Honey, if you want your legs shaved that badly, I'll shave them. This is for your own good. Why don't you grab your bags and let's head out. Tim (tour bus driver) is here."

"Whatever." She shoved past me and grabbed her bags.

I grabbed my bags; purse; keys and we headed out.

"This is stupid." She kept telling me as we walked to the limo.

I held the door open for her and she walked in.

"This is stupid." She said once again.

"What is stupid?" I asked her, already knowing her answer.

"The fucking search. I'm not a fucking criminal." She snapped.

"I know that. I did this because I care about you. Let me show you to your room."

"Oh, so now I'm in freaking timeout."

"No..." I sighed and continued with "I just want you to know where you're going to be sleeping tonight."

"Whatever." She folded her arms and followed me.

"Alright. My room's not complete, so for the time being we're going to be sharing a room."

"Oh. Fucking. Great. What do you mean your room's not complete?"

"I mean there's no bed."

"So sleep on the floor." She rudely told me.

"Emily, I know you're mad. I get that. I was mad too when I was your age, but cool it with the attitude. I'm only trying to help you."

"Well, you're doing a terrible job."

"Sit down." I motioned for her to sit beside me on the bed.

She sighed and sat down.

Emily's POV:

She had no right to do that. I bought those freaking blades. How could she just take them away from me. I need them! I fucking need them.

"I love you, baby girl. Can you please talk to them? How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"Angry. You had no right to do that. How could you do that? This is stupid."

I held my middle finger up at her and walked away.

"Emily Lovato. Get back here now." She scolded me.

I sighed and turned around.

"I used to self-harm also. I struggled through a lot, just like you. I get that you're angry. What helped me when I was your age is writing. Is there something you're interested in or something that you do to calm you down, other than self-harming?"

"I like writing too." I told her.

"That's awesome. Books or songs?"

"Both. It helps me to take out how I'm feeling."

"That's the same with me. Awesome Emily. I have something for you." I got a black notebook with the words words are my escape written in gold on it and a black pen and handed them to her. I want you to have these. Use it to your hearts content. Whenever you feel like self-harming or starving yourself, I want you to write in here. Alright?

"Yeah. Thank you." I gave her a fake, but still thankful smile.

Thanks for reading guys!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

What would you say if Demi gave you her notebook and pen?

Please vote and comment!

Have a great day/night!