Chapter 33 - The Psych Unit

Inside the psychiatric unit.

"W-where am I?" I said as my eyes open.

"You're in the psychiatric unit. We had to put you under some sedatives because you started kicking and screaming the moment we got you out of the wheelchair. This is your roommate, Sierra." He said pointing to a girl sitting on a bed horizontal to mine. "You may get settled in and then you begin your first therapy session. I promise, we will not overload you on your first day her. You have therapy, dinner, and then bed. That's it for today."

I nodded.

"You may change out of the hospital gown. Your mom brought you enough clothes for the next three days."

I nodded and got dressed.

"So, what are you in here for?" Sierra asked.

"I tried to kill myself."

"Oh." She replied.

"Yeah. What about you?" I asked.

"Same."

"Same? You sounded so surprised when I told you that that's what I did."

"Yeah. I'm good at that." She replied.

"Anyway, It's nice to meet you. I better go to therapy." I said throwing on my shirt.

"Alrighty. See you later."
"Okie dokie. Where would therapy be exactly."

"Just down the hall, to the left. There is only one room down there, so you shouldn't miss it."

I fake smiled and left the room.

.

Therapy

"So, tell me a little about yourself." The therapist said.

"There's not much to know." I replied.

"Oh come on. There must be something worth sharing. What led Demi to adopting you?"

"It's a long story." I replied.

"We have time."

"Well, a few months ago, Demi came to give a speech at my school. Long story short, she found out I self-harmed. When I went home that night, my mother beat the crap out of me with beer bottles. I ran out of the house. Demi saw me and drove me to her house. Later on, she decided to adopt me. The story's not very important. I still ended up in the hospital. She still 'saved me' and I still want to die."

She wrote something down on her notepad and nodded her head.

"Well, I am Doctor Christine. I have two dogs. I spend a lot of time here, but this is not my home. Believe me. You will get confused. Everyone does." She chuckled.

"What are some of the things you struggle with?" She asked.

"Food and self-harm. Oh, and Demi seems to think I have anger issues, but she's cray cray." I said whilst doing the sign for loco.

Doctor Christine chuckled.

"Well, I love how much you opened up today. I think we're going to call it quits for today. We'll get more in depth tomorrow. You may head to dinner. There will be someone waiting for you. She is just there to monitor you and make sure you finish all your food."

Great. I thought and left the room.

I walked down the hallway in to the cafeteria.

"Hello. You must be Emily." She said looking at the paper name badge on my shirt.

"You must be the bitch who is going to sit with me."

"You sit down and I will go get your plate." She told me.

She came back with a humongous plate full of chicken, rice, and green peas.

I made a gagging face.

"It's good, I promise." She said pushing the plate towards me.

.

I slowly finished the plate and got up to go to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Bathroom." I replied.

"Two hours." She held up the number two with her fingers.

"What?"

"In two hours, you can use the restroom." She replied.

"Ugh."

"For now, you can enjoy the nice game room." She smiled, pointing towards a large lounge room filled with Pac-man; a pool table; air hockey; and so much more.

I got up and headed there.

"Hey." I sat down beside some guy on the couch.

"Hey. I'm Jason." He said holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Emily." I said as I shook his hand.

"How old are you Emily?" He asked.

"Twelve. Today's my birthday."

"Lovely place to spend your birthday." He said sarcastically. "I'm 13. Up for a game of pool?"

"Hell yeah!"

.

I whooped Jason's ass in pool and we also played a game of air-hockey which he beat me in. The two hours were up, so I headed to the restroom to get ready for bed and went back in to Sierra and I's room.

"Hey." Sierra said while looking down at her phone.

"Hey. We're allowed phones?" I asked.

"For 15 minutes before lights out every night. You can go ask for yours."

I went up to the front desk and they handed me my phone.

I called demi.

Demi: Hey Emily. How's it going?

Me: Fine. I met a cute guy.

Demi: Ooooh. What's his name?

Me: Jason. He's 13?

Demi: I see you like them older just like me.

We both laughed.

"Lights out." Some woman came in to the room and said.

Me: I gotta go. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Demi: Alright. Have a good night. I love you.

Me: Love you too.

I hung up and handed the lady my phone, as did Sierra.

"Good night girls." She smiled and left the room, turning the light off.

"Good night Sierra." I said closing my eyes.

"Good night." She replied.

.

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!

Hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!

Follow me on Twitter @sidneydog20 and Instagram @sidneydog22