Chapter 41 - Make or Break

Yesterday was pretty fun. Nothing exciting happened. We pretty much just walked around and went canoeing. I told you, nothing exciting happened and in case you're wondering, she's just a friend.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I woke up, stretching my arms and rubbing my eyes.

"See ya guys!" Sierra hollered as she left the cabin.

Damn. My only friend left for the day. I mean, these other girls are cool, but they're not Sierra cool.

"What are you thinking?" Demi asked me.

"Nada. I think I'm going to head out."

"Bye Mia, Aubrey, and Emma."

"Be good." Demi mouthed.

"I will." I mumbled.

I went for a quiet canoe ride on the lake before breakfast. Very peaceful.

Hey. Time to come down to the meal hall. Demi texted.

I know. I sent, followed by a sighing emoji.

I headed to the meal hall, knowing I could fight it, but in the end, Demi would just come and get me anyways.

I sat down with Demi, Taylor, and Selena.

"Hey." They said in unison as Demi got up to go get both of us our breakfast.

She sat a plate down in front of me with two pieces of bacon, half an orange, and half a slice of toast.

I scooted the food around my plate in an attempt to make it look like I was eating.

"I'm not stupid. Eat." Demi told me.

"Yeah. Yeah." I slowly finished my plate and Demi walked me to my first class. Her excuse was that she knew I would find a restroom the moment she left me, plus she's my first teacher. Vocal lessons, yay, because I need them. In case you didn't catch it, that was sarcasm.

I took a seat at one of the chairs and rested my feet on the chair in front of me.

"Why are we here so early?" I asked, folding my arms.

"I have to prepare." She responded.

"Yeah, sure." I replied.

People started showing up and taking their seats.

"My feet were there." I said as someone tried to sit down on the seat in front of me.

"And now my butt is here." The person responded as they turned around to look at me.

"Sierra?" I said to the girl.

"I can't believe I thought you were cool." She rolled her eyes.

"Don't you ever fucking roll your eyes at me." I said, standing up and pushing her out of her seat.

"Emily Renae!" Demi scolded.

Sierra quickly got up and pushed me, causing me to fall to the floor.

"Both of you." Demi pointed to two different sides of the room, signaling for one of us to sit on each side. There's these long benches on each side of the room.

We both took a seat on one of the benches.

"Detention after class, both of you." Demi walked back up to the front of the room.

"I'm Miss. Lovato class. Today, we are going to do some vocal exercises." She said.

I raised my hand.

"Yes, Emily?" She questioned.

"I'm sorry. I thought your name was Miss. Bitch." I said, smirking.

"You're pushing it, Emily." She scolded and walked back up to the front of the room

"Bitch." I mumbled.

"Emily. An hour, after class. I'm done with this." She scolded again.

"Alright everyone, first vocal exercise, I will do and then you guys do."

Do. Re. Mi. Fa. So. La. Ti. Do. Demi sang, hitting the high Do perfectly.

Do. Re. Mi. Fa. So. La. Ti Do. The class sand, excluding me. I'm pissed at Demi, I'm not singing.

The class left for the day, Sierra and still sitting.

"I don't even know what to say girls. I'm very disappointed in both of you." Demi said, while writing something in her workbook.

"I have to go to my next class." I told Demi.

"Not today, you don't. Sit back down. Both of you were very disrespectful." She said.

I sat down and got out my phone.

Demi came over to me and ripped it out of my hands, not saying anything, just walking back to her desk.

She finally looked up from her workbook and said, "Sierra, you can leave."

"What? She was way more disrespectful than me!" I retorted.

"Emily, I'm done with this. Go to your next class. We'll talk later and IF you get detention in any of your other classes, you will be hanging out with me all day tomorrow. I will keep in touch with Selena and Demi. Also, you might apologize to Sierra." She said.

I left, not saying anything.

I went to my next class, which was dance where Selena was teaching us a hip-hop dance today. I was of course late as I spent the last hour in detention.

I sat at the corner in the back and just watched everybody.

"You okay?" Selena asked me after everyone left.

"Yeah, just trying not to get detention." I fake smiled.

"Is that why you were late?" Selena politely asked.

"Kind of." I replied.

"Well, you made it through this class without getting detention, but I know that's not what is bothering you."

"I may have ruined things with Sierra. We were really good friends. We go way back, since... yesterday." I told her, not making eye contact.

"What happened?" She put her arms around me.

"I got in a fight with her, over something stupid. I don't know. I was just in a bitchy mood. Still am."

"Oh, well, did you try apologizing?" She asked.

"Well, then I would be admitting defeat." I told her.

"Alright, I am going to tell you something, but you have to promise not to do that thing where you completely freak out and get violent." She told me.

"What? I never do that!?" I said, defending myself.

"Emily." She said.

"Fine." I sighed.

"We all make mistakes, but you are going to have to let go of your pride for just a little while if you want to get her back. She was a great friend. Is she really worth losing over something stupid?" Selena asked.

"No, I guess not." I replied.

"I'll text her right now. Thank you Selena." I said, standing up and giving her a hug.

Hey. Sierra, I am so sorry. I was completely in the wrong. Can you ever forgive me? I texted.

Of course. Shit happens. I'm sorry too. I saved you a seat in Taylor's class. Come join! She responded.

I headed over to Instrumental class and sat down beside Sierra.

.

What do you guys think is going to happen between Sierra and Emily?

Should they completely makeup or get in another fight?

Any other suggestions or ideas for this book?

COMMENT and VOTE!