Chapter 36 - The Recording

Next Day

Emily's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Ugh. I sighed.

Damn. My leg is so sore.

That is the one thing I HATE about cutting. For the next couple of days after I have self-harmed on my legs, they are always so sore and have this 'heavy' feeling.

"Emily! Are you about up?!?!" Mom called.

"Yeah! I'm awake mom!" I hollered back.

"Alright!" She came in to my room and said, "I have rehearsals this morning, so we have to be leaving in an hour."

"Of course." I sighed. "I can't stay home?"

"Not after yesterday." She came up and patted my back as I sat up. "It'll be fun." She said.

"Right. Me sitting on the chair, listening to my own music while you record away is super fun." I said, faking enthusiasm.

Demi left the room and I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to put on my makeup. I did a light mascara, with brown eye shadow. Demi won't let me wear anything else. She claims I'm 'too pretty' and too young, but what does she know? Many kids at my school, or old school, wore make up.

After I did my makeup, I put on a white shirt with Elvis Presley on it; black jeans; black ugg boots; and threw on a black leather jacket.

I walked downstairs and grabbed my already prepared cup of coffee, only decaf, Demi may be a celebrity, but she is super strict. I can only drink decaf coffee, use limited amount of makeup, and I'm not allowed to intentionally show my bra when wearing a shirt. Strict, right?

Demi handed me a poptart and we walked out of the house.

I slowly ate the poptart on the way to the recording studio.

She still has this 'idea' that I am trying to recover. Damn, it was three fucking days in a psych unit. I don't even want to recover. Why would three days 'fix' me? Although, her thinking I am in the recovery process allows me to continue doing me.

We had a very quiet, peaceful ride on the way to the recording studio.

Demi handed me my earbuds as we got out of the car. She always keeps some earbuds in the console, specifically for me. Did I mention she won't let me carry a purse? She's afraid I'm going to pack some cocaine or something, and razors. She seems to be mostly worried about the cocaine though. I don't know why.

We walked in to the recording room and I put in my earbuds, while Demi did her thing.

SELENA'S POV

Oh crap. I thought as I looked at the time.

I guess I didn't hear my alarm. I quickly got out of bed and threw on an oversized hoodies and gray sweats.

Demi won't care how I look.

We're recording "One and the Same" today. Our managers thought it would be a great idea for publicity to record it again. I know confusing. I don't really understand why, something about our voices being more mature and how Demi's voice can go really high. Life as a superstar, right.

I got in to my car and drove to the recording studio.

DEMI'S POV

I just finished singing "Confident" as Selena walked in the room.

I took off my headphones and went to embrace her in a huge hug.

"Hey Sel."

"Hey Dems!" She said.