Chapter 8 - World of Chances

Demi's POV:

Buzz.

I slowly pulled my phone out of my back pocket.

Phil: Hey, Demi. Just heard from your agent. He wants to know if you're about ready to go on tour again. All ready came up with someone perfect to join you. He goes by Dj Khaled. Have you heard of him. He's supposedly very popular. Anyways... let me know. Hope your day's going well.

Me: Hey Phil. I've actually been wanting to go on tour again soon. Ready for the world of chances that I will encounter. Yes, I have heard of Dj Khaled. I listen to his music all the time. Excited to get to perform with him. It's been good hearing from you. I've missed our mornings filled with lots of rehearsing any many, many coffee breaks.

Phil: Great. Glad you've heard of him. He's a great guy. Looking forward to lots of rehearsing again. Oh, can't forget the coffee breaks also. I heard you adopted a child. Are you brining her. Looking forward to meeting the little angel.

Me: Absolutely! Wouldn't leave her for the world. She's a joy to be around. She's been through a lot of fucking crap though, so she might have a tough time, like I did. If you could just, help me to protect her and keep her safe, that would be greatly appreciated. I gotta go, but am excited for this opportunity.

Phil: It is my honor to protect a child of yours. I'll talk to you later. It's been good hearing from you.

"Morning honey", I said as I pulled my glasses down to my nose.

"You look like a librarian."

I chuckled and replied with "you're such a comedian."

She smiled and I poured a cup of coffee for her.

"Here you go." I handed her the joyous cup of bitter goodness.

"Thank you."

"So, Phil called. I'm going to be going on tour soon."

"Oh." She looked down and proceeded with "what's going to happen to me."

"You're coming with me, silly girl."

"I am." She looked back up.

"Well, of course. You are my daughter after all. I would never abandon you, honey. Even when you're 30 and have kids of your own. If you still want to come on tour with me or live in my house, you do that."

I took a sip of my coffee.

"Demi... the house might get kind of crowded with my 12 kids."

"Twelve!" I spit out my coffee. I proceeded with "that's a lot of sex."

"That's not how you have kids."

"Emily? Please tell me someone's had the talk with you."

"No and please don't. I was just joking though. I know how to get pregnant."

"Good." I half-smiled at her.

I continued reading the article in the newspaper about how a wolf escaped from the San Francisco zoo.

"What are you reading?" She asked.

"Just some story about how a wolf escaped from the zoo."

"Interesting..."

"So, I know eating is tough for you, but if I were to prepared you something, what would you be most comfortable eating."

"I'm not hungry."

"Just asking theoretically."

"I don't know. A poptart."

I got up and put a poptart on a plate. I sat it in front of Emily.

"You tricked me."

"Just eat half of it."

She just stared at it with a blank look on her face.

I broke a piece off and put it in her mouth. "Chew it up", I told her.

She took a while, but finally chewed it up.

I kept breaking pieces off and putting them in her mouth, repeatedly telling her to chew them up.

"Good job." I praised her.

She gave me the middle finger.

"That's the first time I've seen you do that." I told her.

"That's the first time you've made me that angry." She replied.

"I'm sorry. I know what you're going through though. I know it doesn't seem like you have any control over the circumstances that life throws at you. I know that not eating and self-harm feels like the best solution right now, but it's not." I grabbed her hand and continued with "I'm here for you."

She smiled, then looked down.

I lifted her chin up and said "I love you."

"I love you too", she said.

"Good. Then you will be able to forgive me for what I'm about to do next."

I got up and locked every single bathroom door.

"What? What if I have to pee?"

"You'll be able to in an hour. I'm doing this because I care about you."

"Whatever."

I really hope she appreciates this someday. I thought.

Thanks for reading guys! Sorry it took me so long to update. I've been having really bad writers block. Love you Guys! Hope you're having a great Tuesday! If you have any suggestions for the next chapter, let me know! :)