Chapter 3 - I'm what?!?!?

DEMI'S POV:

"Emily, let's go!" I yelled through the intercom.

Today's a big day for her. I haven't told her yet, but I got her parents to sign the adoption papers last night and today we're going to the adoption agency to turn them in.

"What's the big rush?" She said while coming down the stairs.

"It's a surpsurprise." I said while grabbing her hand.

We drove for about 10 minutes with her constantly asking where we are going.

"It's a surprise", I kept telling her and every time, it was followed by her saying "ugh." I just smirked. Gosh, she is going to be so excited.

I pulled up in front the adoption agency.

"Wait..." She said, slowly coming to the realization what we are doing here.

I smiled and said "come on, let's go inside.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked me.

"Emily, you are my baby girl and I would do anything for you. Right now you need a home with a loving, caring mother and I would like to be that for you, that is, if you will allow me too." I looked at her.

"Of course!!!" She squealed in excitement.

We walked up to the desk and turned in the papers. The lady told us to have a wonderful day.

"Now what are we doing?" She asked.

"Well..." I looked at my watch and continued with "we better grab some lunch."

"Oh." She looked down.

"It'll be okay. We'll grab it and take it back to the house, alright?"

She nodded her head.

We grabbed a couple sandwiches and a couple cups of black coffee at Starbucks and headed back to the house. I want her to eat, but I'm not trying to completely overwhelm her with food.

"Alright, now hun, I want you to go to the bathroom, alright?"

"What, why? I don't have to you."

"Suit yourself, but you're not going to be allowed to go for at least two hours after lunch."

She rolled her eyes at me and sat down at the table.

"Suit yourself." I repeated.

I know she's going to be difficult to raise, but I wouldn't give up this opportunity for anything.

I unwrapped her sandwiches; put them on plates; put her sandwich and coffees on the table and sat across from her to eat mine.

Each time I took a bite, I glanced at her. Each time she was just staring at it.

"Hunny, try it, for me." I pleaded.

"I'm not hungry." She pushed it away.

"Sweetie, you need to eat. I know you are hungry."

"I'm going to get fat though."

"You are not in any way going to get fat. You are ridiculously skinny hunny. You need to gain weight."

"I don't want to though."

"I know and I understand that. I've been in your place, but you need to gain weight. You are too underweight. Now eat."

I took another bite.

EMILY'S POV:

I slowly took a bite.

"Good girl." She praised.

"I have to pee."

I got up off the chair, ran to the bathroom with Demi trailing behind me. Luckily, I beat her. I closed the door, leaned over the toilet and threw up that one bite of food.

I felt someone pulling me hair back and slowly looked behind me.

"Hi." I said like I'd just been caught.

"Alright, let's go." She grabbed my hand and escorted me to the couch.

"Sit", she said while patting the door beside her.

I reluctantly sat beside her.

"It's okay. I won't bite." She chuckled.

I half-smiled.

I love Demi, but this over-protecting stuff is getting old.

"Emily, hun, I know it's hard. When I was about 17, I got sent to rehab for alcohol addiction; and eating disorder and self-harm."

"I know." I looked down.

"I don't want you to go through the same thing I did. I want to help you to the best of my ability, but you've got to start talking to me, alright?"

I just stared at her.

She continued with "talking to people had helped me and I know it will help you. I'm always her for you." She embraced me into a hug.

"I love you."

"Love you too." I replied.

She doesn't love you.

She's lying like everyone else.

She's just gonna leave you.

Run away.

She doesn't want you.

You're too fat to be loved.

"Shut up!" I yelled.

"Everything okay, baby girl?"

"Yeah, of course. Why?"

"Well, you were sitting there staring off in space and then just yelled shut up out of no where."

"Sorry." I looked down.

"Hey." She lifted my chin up and continued with "don't be. I just wanna be there for you and I want you to know that you can come to me anytime, alright?"

I nodded me head.

"Alright, let's go finish our lunch."

I walked her back to the table and cut hers in half, "just eat this much", I told her.

"Well, I suppose that's not too bad."

I slowly started eating more of the sandwich, holding my mouth after every bite as I felt like I was going to throw up.

After I finished, Demi said "good job, I'm so proud of you" and we went into the family room and watched some criminal show I've never seen on the I.D. channel.

I rested my head on Demi's shoulder and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Thanks for reading!

Hope you all liked it!

Let me know what you think in the comments section and if you have any ideas!!

Love ya'll!! ❤