Chapter 45 - The dreaded news

"Hey." Demi looks up at me as I walk down the stairs.

"Did you sleep good?" She asks.

"Always." I say while pulling my hair up in to a ponytail.

"Have some breakfast." She says while sitting a poptart, coffee, and my medication in front of me.

I rolled my eyes.

"So. I've been meaning to tell you, I'm leaving tomorrow for tour." Demi stated.

"Tomorrow. I thought we had longer." I said while taking a sip of my coffee.

"Can I come?" I asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea. You've got school. I talked to Taylor (Taylor Swift) and you're going to be staying with her until I get back." She said.

I sighed.

"This is fucked up." I said while storming out of the room.

"She will pick you up tonight." Demi said, just before I headed upstairs.

I flipped her off.

TRIGGER WARNING

I sighed.

You're not good enough for anyone.

Why don't you just cut.

You know you want to.

Come on. Just one cut.

It will make everything better.

You're so stupid. Demi's throwing you away like paper.

I quickly grabbed my blade out and started slashing at my wrist.

One turned into five and five turned into ten.

Before I knew, I had blood spilled out of my gashing wound and dripping down my arm.

"Are you okay in there?" I heard from the other side.

"Yeah. Never better. I'll be out soon." I said as I accidentally dropped the blade.

Demi's POV:

That sound. The sound of metal hitting the bathroom tile. I will never get that sound out of my head.

I fumbled for the key hidden on the top of the door on the little ledge and used it to unlock the door.

"Demi!" I heard her yell as I rushed to her side.

"You're supposed to knock. Remember. We made an agreement." She said in frustration.

I grabbed a towel and held it on to her arm.

"Hold this here." I told her as I grabbed her bandaid box out of her cabinet.

"It's empty." I said while tipping the box upside down.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"I'll be right back." I said while I went to my purse in my bedroom and dug out the emergency butterfly stitches.

"Just let me die." Emily said as I came back..

"Not on my watch." I told her and started stitching her up.

"Do you want to talk about this?" I asked her.

"Not really." She responded.

I nodded.

"Okay. I'm here if you change your mind." I gave her a hug and walked her out of the bathroom.

Thank you for reading!

Sorry it's so short.

The next chapter will be longer!

Have a great Saturday!