Chapter 31 - The Lamest Day

First Day of Seventh Grade

Emily's POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I slammed my hand on top of my alarm clock, shutting off that dreadful sound. I hated first days. First day in nursery school. First day of kindergarten. First day of my period. First day of seventh grade. The big seven. That is three years away from double digits. Did I mention I hate double digits too? Double digits bring on everything dreadful. When I was ten, that's when my mom started drinking and abusing me. When you get to double digits in a book, that's when everything starts to go wrong. When you get to double digits in the morning, that's when the queen makes you wake up. Double digits. First days. I am going to hate today.

Demi quietly opened the door.

"Hey baby girl. Are you about ready?"

Ready? Do I look like I am ready? I'm in sweats and a dirty shirt. My hairs doing I don't even know what? My breath smells terrible.

"Yeah, just about." I said, followed by a fake smile.

"Alright. Just be downstairs in ten minutes at the most." She left the room.

Ten minutes? This is ridiculous.

I threw on some black jeans with holes; a "Korn" t-shirt; black bangles; black ugg boots; and put my hair in a messy bun.

"I see you're rockin' the black today." Demi said as I entered the kitchen.

"I just go based off of my mood."

"Come on. Today's going to be a great day."

"Whatever." I replied.

"I made you some breakfast."

"Oh goodie." I flashed her a fake smile.

She sat a "small" portion of eggs and half a slice of toast in front of me.

"You really shouldn't have."

"Just want you to have a nice day." She replied.

"Yes. This will make my day just peachy." I retorted.

"Hun. Can't focus on an empty stomach. Just eat a little."

Knock. Knock Knock.

"I'll be right back."

"Whatever."

I pushed the eggs around in my bowl a little to make it look like I had eaten some.

"I'm done."

Demi nodded her head.

"Hey Sel." Demi said as she opened the door.

I plopped down on the couch.

Demi looked at me and said "I have to be at rehearsal a little early today, so Selena's going to give you a ride to school. Why don't you go upstairs and get your backpack."

I nodded.

I went upstairs; went in to my bathroom; leaned over the toilet and threw up everything I had just eaten; popped a piece of gum in my mouth; grabbed my backpack; and headed downstairs.

Demi kissed me on the top of my head and told me "see you later".

I nodded and followed Selena to her car.

"So, what's new?" Selena asked trying to start a conversation.

"Just this." I replied.

"You're going to have a great day. I loved seventh grade."

You weren't me. I thought.

"I'm sure it'll be just fine." I replied.

"That's the spirit."

We arrived at the school and I told her goodbye.

In a way, I'm kind of hinting at the fact that I might kill myself after today, but she doesn't need to know that.

She smiled at me and I headed in to the school all the way to the principal's office where I semi-politely asked the receptionist for my schedule.

"Thank you." I said as I yanked the paper out of her hands.

1st hour - gym

2nd hour - Math

3rd hour - Choir

4th Hour - English

5th hour - Science

6th hour - Social Studies

7th hour - Cooking

8th hour - Art

Dang. What was Demi thinking? Gym. I just threw up all of my food and I'm fat. Cooking. I think I might throw up just thinking about it.

I headed to gym where my teacher gave me some black shorts and a white t-shirt.

I quickly threw them on and came out of the changing room ready to run laps with the rest of my class.

"Hold up." The teacher said, grabbing my arm.

I flinched and looked at her. "No bracelets."

I stared at her in dismay.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Rules are rules. Take them off."

I shoved past her and went back into the locker room, digging my phone out of my backpack.

I punched in Demi's number. She picked up on the first ring.

"Hello." Demi said.

"Pick me up."

"What why?" She asked.

"Just pick me up."

"I'll call the school and let them know I'm taking you home for the day. Go wait in the principal's office, but when I get there, I expect a reason as to why you need to leave. I'll see you soon."

I hung up and headed to the principal's office.

"Everything okay Emily?" Principal Mcarthy said.

"Yeah, just great." I slumped down on the couch.

"Hey Emily."

"Hey." I shoved past her and we headed out to her vehicle.

She followed me and said "are you going to tell me what happened?"

"No."

"Well hun. It's either that or I send you back inside."

I didn't respond.

"Show me your schedule."

I took it out of my backpack and handed it to her.

"So assuming you made it to first hour, something had to of happened in gym."

I didn't respond.

"What was it? Did you not enjoy changing in front of everybody?"

I made it there after everybody.

"I see. What happened then?"

I looked at her and very quietly said "they wouldn't let me wear my bracelets" as tears filled my eyes. I tried so hard to keep them from coming out, but I couldn't.

"Oh sweetie. I'll tell you what. We'll go home and I'll call the school and see if we can work something out, but tomorrow, I would like for you to give it another shot. Alright?"

I nodded.

"Alright, let's just go home and relax for a little while.

Thank you for reading!

Also a huge thanks for getting me to #38 on middle school books.

Let me know if you have any ideas for the next chapter. As always, I will give you a shoutout if I use your idea.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Love y'all!