Chapter 6 - Wonder

DEMI'S POV:

"Morning baby girl", I said as I shook Emily awake.

She put the pillow over her head signalling she wasn't quite ready to wake up.

I took it off her and said, "come on, baby girl. Time to get out of bed. We have an important day ahead of us."

"Sure, it's always important." She mumbled under her breath.

"This time it really is, We're catching an early movie with Selena and then going shopping."

"I hate shopping and movies." She responded.

"How could you hate movies?" I chuckled and proceeded with "we're going to see Wonder. I think you'll like it. Now come on, either get out of bed or I'll carry you out of bed. I made eggs and bacon."

"Ugh."

She slowly sat up; I grabbed her hand; and led her downstairs.

I prepared her plate and say it in from of her with a cup of coffee.

I sat across her and tried to down my cup of coffee which was not a good idea as I burned my mouth. I gasped and started to eat my eggs which are delicious by the way and people say my cooking is bad. Whatever... maybe they're just jealous. I mean, a little burnt food never hurt anybody.

"Good?" I asked her as I noticed she was only nibbling at the bacon.

She nodded her head and I put my hand on her hand, reassuring her it would be okay.

After an hour, she finished and Selena arrived.

"Hey." I said, greeting Selena whilst giving her a hug.

"Hey. How are you?" She asked.

"Good. I have someone I want you to meet." I told her and hollered "Emily".

Emily slowly walked up next to me.

She waved hi.

"Emily, this is Selena. She's one of my best friends."

"You mean Max Russo, Selena? Used to be on Disney, Selena? World famous pop star Selena? I know who she is."

"Good. Then it won't be so awkward today."

EMILY'S POV:

Oh, no. I'll still find a way to make it awkward. I thought to myself as I smiled at Selena.

"Alright, well enough standing around. We're gonna miss our movie." Demi motioned for me to go out.

She locked the door and we hopped into the car. Not literally, cause that would be wierd.

Demi said we're going to see Wonder. I'm sure that we'll be a good movie. It's supposed to be about a 10 year old boy with a facial abnormality going into middle school. He ends up getting bullied, because, well... kids can be cruel, but so can adults, so...

I don't actually hate movies though, because, well... who hates movies? I just didn't want Demi to make me get out of bed at freakin' 9 in the morning.

We arrived at the theater and went in to see the movie. Demi bought the tickets yesterday, so we're good there.

------------------------------------

That was literally one of the best movies I've seen. I love the whole story. At the end of the movie, the boy, well... I can't tell you, just go see it!

"What were your thoughts on it, Emily?" Demi asked, pulling out of my thoughts.

"Loved it for a movie, I guess." Now, don't ask why my answer was so blunt. I'm supposed to hate movies, remember?

"I for one thought the entire movie was really good. The actor's were really good, especially, the kid playing August. He really knew how to be in touch with the kid's emotions." Selena said.

"I thought the same thing. I guess great minds think alike." Demi said.

They have each other a high five which was super cheesy by the way.

"To the mall!" Demi yelled as soon as we all piled in the car.

Better buckle up with Demi's driving.

"Get whatever you want, Emily."

"I'd hate to use your money."

"Hey, I've got plenty." She said.

The moment I walked into the mall, I looked like a kid in a candy store. While, I kind of just roamed the place, looking at every thing I liked, but not bothering to actually pick anything up, Demi followed behind me, grabbing every thing, she could tell I like. Dorky? I know.

After I finally stopped, she handed me the clothes and told me to try them on.

She sat on the couch while I modelled my clothes for her. Hey, wasn't my idea. Demi literally complimented me on everything I liked. Selena modelled her clothes next, then Demi. I guess this is what life is like living with Demi. Wierd... yeah. Can I get used to it? Yeah.

I offered to put some of my clothes back as it looked like there were at least 10 different articles of clothing there, but Demi being Demi wouldn't let me. She kept telling me, "it's my money. You'll do with it what I want you to", then she would smirk at me.

She payed for it, also offering to pay for Selena's but Selena wouldn't let her.

I got a brown leather jacket, a black leather jacket, some green timberlands, black leather pants, white ripped jeans, a long-sleeve black shirt that says live your life, a jean jacket with slightly ripped holes, some forest green jeans, black timberlands, and a grey long-sleeve shirt that says no bad days. You could say Demi totally spoiled me.

"Thanks for all the amazing clothes", I told Demi as we headed home.

"No problem. You are my daughter now." She said while looking back at me.

"Demi, road!" Selena yelled as she grabbed hold of the steering wheel. Demi for real almost hit a Semi in the other lane.

"Oops." She chuckles.

Classic Demi.

We all went inside and Demi cooked a late lunch.

Thanks for reading!

What do you guys think should happen when Emily is forced to eat in front of Selena?

Should she refuse to eat and wind up having an argument with Demi?

Any other ideas?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Shout out to Lovatic_since_1992 for making this amazing cover!

Love ya'll! ❤