Chapter 20- Secrets and Smokes

Chapter Twenty- Secrets and Smokes

*Zayn's POV*

"Why are we cleaning the house? Again?" Niall whines almost as if he is a small child. "We've been cleaning every other day now. I think it's pretty clean."

"We should keep it nice." Liam shrugs, trying to come up with an actual answer. None of us really know why we are so set on cleaning, we just feel the need to.

"I don't think that is the reason Liam, nice try." Niall chuckles.

"I want to make sure everything is perfect for when we bring home the babies." Harry says with a smile.

"Hazza, the kids are not due for a while, I think we have some time." Louis adds walking down and smiling at Harry, then he turns to Niall. "How you feeling?"

"Better actually." Niall says. "And this time it's the truth, I don't feel like my insides are going to fall out when I take a step anymore."

"Great, let's work on not ripping those stitches again." Liam says smiling, we all blush a bit remembering what brought on the ripping of the still unhealed stitches. We were all feeling a bit hormonal and Niall just started feeling like he was able to touch us again for more than ten minutes, so things got a bit heated. Then things got a bit bloody, and Niall had to get his stitches fixed.

"Well, do you feel okay enough to possibly grab the laundry from upstairs and bring it down stairs?" Louis asks hesitantly. "... I already put all the clothes into the bin, I just don't really trust myself carrying it down stairs."

"Okay." Niall smiles walking past him and kissing him on his way upstairs.

"How's the baby doing?" Harry asks walking over and putting a hand on Louis's stomach.

"Kicking up a storm." Louis says patting his plump midsection. "One day baby Tommo is a gymnast, and the next it's a pro footballer."

Baby Tommo started kicking one week ago and has barely stopped since.

"Well, Tommo can be whatever it wants." Harry smiles rubbing his thumb in a circle. We use 'Tommo' as a non-gender term since we are thinking on keeping the gender of Baby Tommo a surprise.

"Harry are you sure about that?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, why?" Harry asks.

Liam shrugs then puts an arm around me. "What if Baby Tommo wants to be a criminal?"

"Than I'll pay the bail." Niall says with a straight face as he brings the laundry bin down the stairs, he huffs as he plops it down on the floor the looks up as us and puts his hands on his hips, panting a bit. "We should really invest in a laundry shoot."

"And risk one of our children getting Louis's gene and one getting Harry's and then one of them ending up getting tricked into going for a 'quick ride'? No thank you!" Liam says almost panicking as he thinks about it.

"Never mind, it was just a suggestion." Niall says still breathing heavy.

"Niall..." I start about to ask if he is okay.

"Hey, uh, Zayn... could you hand me my inhaler? It's in..." he stops and walks over to the couch slowly and sits down.

"Niall...?" Liam asks as I search for his inhaler. I glance over and see Niall raising his hand to stop Liam. Niall then looks at me and smiles.

"Have you found it?" He asks looking kid like as his eyes become glossy with tears.

"Hold on babe." I say rushing to find it, I am about ready to dump out the little holder we have on the stand near the recliner when I finally find the damn thing. "Finally."