Chapter 3 | stay outta trouble

Football has been my life for as long as I can remember.
-------------------------------------------------------

"Boo."

I instantaneously relax as I hear who it is that has kidnapped me. It's only Cody. I mutter a few obscenities under my breathe, a bit annoyed he caught me off guard.

"Gotcha." He smirks and I quickly hush him.

"Shut up and stay here. Understand? As soon as they move their attention somewhere else, we're getting outta here buddy." I quietly, but harshly, instruct. He nods and I get up. I quietly make my way from behind my bush and see the guys, turning to the backyard den.

Perfect.

I get back in the bushes and grab my suitcase, and Cody asks through his eyes, I nod in reply, and then silently follows. We both sling out backpacks over our shoulders and smile at each other for the last time.

We then pull our hoods down, tighten them and quickly make our way out of the bushes.

We turn to see if the drunk adults saw us, but they didn't. Thank God they are tipsy, otherwise I'm pretty sure they would've caught us. We quickly run out of sight, out of mind.

We run down the backstretch. We run down the street. We run down the high road. We run down every road we come across to get to Jordan's apartment.

We quickly ring the bell and the door is answered almost immediately. Cody is pulled into a bone crashing hug from his best friend.

"Shit. I was scared about what could've happened to the pair of you." He sighs in relief. I give him a small smile as we do our small handshake.

"Sorry. We had to get away from Ron." I seethed. Jordan raised an eyebrow and gestured us in.

I pulled my hood down, and Cody followed suit. We closed the door and put down our bags. He asked me, "what the hell was going on with you and Ron?" I tense up and shake my head stiffly. I'm not telling Cody what he's done to me. That's stupid.

"Nothing."

Cody raises an eyebrow at me and I shrug. "Just an interrogation about where you were, Codes." Cody nods and looks elsewhere and I quickly mouth "I'll tell you later." to Jordan; And he nods. I hope not though.

We fall into a lingering silence, the words of us leaving lodged somewhere in my throat. Cody evidently doesn't want to tell him either.

I elbow him and he elbows me back. Then I realise I'm the one whose going to say the bad news. Of course, it's always me.

"We're going." I blurt out. Cody looks down and I look everywhere, but at Jordan.

"What? Where? For how long?" He shoots questions as fast as I shoot my penalties.
You gotta make everything related to football. *insert internal eye roll*