10

"it'll be okay one day, because everything happens for a reason"

I locked the door and walked out of the apartment, Cody having already left and made his own way to Uncle Leo's

Holding my keys in my teeth, I pulled my long hair that was in dire need of a trim due to split ends into a high ponytail that sat at the crown of my head. I pulled out the bangs, though, because I didn't want a receding hairline anytime soon.

I pulled out my phone, messaging my uncle I was on my way. I was jogging down the stairs of the apartment, not bothering to take the lift, to be honest. Besides, I needed the exercise.

As I got to the bottom, I started looking around. Then my eyes landed on the girl with the fiery eyes and dirty blonde hair that was in a cute side fishtail braid.

"Ali!" I excitedly hugged her carefully. Her little bump was starting to show, but you couldn't tell if you didn't know she was pregnant. I couldn't help but stare at it. There was a thing growing in it.

Like, not a thing of course, but there was a little child in it! That blew my mind away and I was in awe. I couldn't wait for it to come into the world. That meant I was going to have a niece! And that's so freaking cool.

I guess Alyssa caught my stare and smile, because she then went to put her hand gently on her small bump. "I want to tell my dad and mom today."

I was stunned for a second, paralysed. But she was right. She needed to tell them as soon as she could because even though you couldn't tell now, there was going to be a huge ass bump in a few months.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it, "I'll be there too. Anyways, why are we having a meeting thing?" I asked her, as we started to walk down the street.

Had you told me a few months ago when I moved to America, that I'd be walking with my cousin down the street, willingly, I'd laugh in your face. So much changed as I came. I'm not going to lie, it was a little bit of a pain in the ass, because I lost people. But I also gained a lot of them too.

My team was my literal family. I was reunited with my Uncle and his family. I was talking to my short lived best friend of the summer, Ali. I had even found my dad, something I thought I'd never do. I was finally happy, and I could dare say the same thing of Cody. But I guess, right now for me, most importantly was Jayden.

Between the madness and the apathy, he was there to show me that there was good. I've been high and I've been low, and I've spent so many uncountable and unfathomable nights alone. But he took me home. He found me. And I could never be grateful enough.

They say you always remember your first love. I could definitely see myself in time never forgetting him. But hopefully, we'd still be friends, if not a couple. The future is uncertain, but I want to try and get there in the end.