Chapter 52

"I learned all about life with a ball at my feet"
~ Ronaldinho

"Do we all remember the plan?" Coach asked us and he was replied with a large herd of hoots

"Wait what plan?" Austin and Ethan asked. Of course, only those two would forget it all.

Honestly, I was just happy I was finally getting to play. Barry was going to play first half again, whilst I was going to move onto the pitch at second half. It was better than nothing, let's admit.

My job was to get together the opposition's attacking and defending tactics, and use them against them, just with a little twist to make sure they didn't crack it. And as soon as I go on the pitch, it'll be the perfect time to do it.

I mean, a girl on the team? Practically unheard of. They'll be blown away by my good looks (not) and my amazing socc- football. I'm sticking to football now. Soccer sounds like what a donkey would say. All normal people call it football. Anyway, they'll be so blown away by my presence, it will allow us to break through.

God, Westville High had no idea what what was about to hit them.

"Alexis is going to be delivering everything, as will Jayden. Alex and Jayden, you two need to work together, understood? I don't want lack of communication on the pitch at a home game." We both nodded and then 'fist bumped'. Spudded sounded so much more better. Well, I did have a very biased opinion.

Westville High were in the opposite room to us. We were also instructed to stand in the doorway and lineup at the same time - to make it more dramatic. Honestly, I lived for this when it happened to two tense matches, like the World Cup, but for a normal school... shouldn't you just let the home team go on first?

Our room, although filled with boys, was actually very neat. Mainly because I was tapping my head all over them telling them to clean it up and that they're not leaving until it's all clean - but I'm pretty sure we'd win the cleanest room before a match award.

Luckily, there was a little cubicle at the end, near the corner of the room and that was where I intended to get changed - if someone in this bloody team didn't take that next match.

I was going to change before half time, and wait until they get here. And by before half time, I mean a minute. Literally. I am the world's fastest changer to go on into a football match. (A/N I wish this was me, I get changed like a sloth)

"Two minutes to lineup!" The man on the intercom dully notified.
"Let's go. Austin, Ethan, just go with the flow. Understood?" Coach Noah commanded. Of course.

"Yeah coach. And when Alex comes on, can we put her on CAM and put Nick on Centre Strike?" He asked and we were all taken aback. That was honestly a good idea, but it was up to Nick.

"Play in this formation how you are. I'll decide after I see their play. Knees up and out out out!" Coach blew his whistle and everyone ran out, where Westville High were also lining up. The two teams stood in a perfect line. Jayden, our captain was at the front of our team, and he wore the red captain "badge" quite proudly.