7

it always hurts before it gets better

~ Sydney Leroux

"We are all gathered here today, to witness the holy matrimony-"

"Oh shut the fuck up, Chase, I'm pretty sure Alexis has got something a lot more serious to say than to watch the wedding of two ladybugs." Colton rolled his eyes, before looking up at me.

Everyone in the team burst out laughing, even causing Jayden to almost drop me. Imagine if those two ladybugs were mortal enemies, we don't know ladybug language... How the frick frack would we know if they wanted to get married? Chase was something else, I swear.

After a wheeze, a coughing seizure, and a gasping for breath entourage, I was able to finally get my plan to work into action. All I was praying now was that it was to work.

"Listen up, guys. I am so proud to be part of the Bayside High football team, and being the first and only girl on the team. We made it to the finals." Whoops could be heard from our team and I looked up through my eyelashes to see that I had caught the other team's attention

Sweet. This plan of mine was a pretty decent one, I swear. For once, it might work.

"But, whatever happens on that pitch in this second half... Only you can do it. Because only you will decide if you're gonna leave your all on that pitch of... of greeness I guess." I stopped, shrugging.

Jayden nudged one of his shoulders up in comfort and I looked down and smiled at him, waiting for him to continue. "We can't do that for you. I can't do that for you. Your mum or dad can't do it for you. Not even your mates on the team can do it for you. Because, as cheesy as it may sound, that's the power only you hold."

Jayden's sweet, melody reached my ears, and I couldn't help swoon from the inside as I heard his angelic voice. His voice was calming, yet had so much authority in it. It's ethereal beauty was able to calm and tame my accelerating heart which thumped harder than a sledgehammer in my ribcage, yet it was also the it was beating so loudly in the first place.

The only thing that ran in my head was the fact that I had fallen. Hard. Fast. But most importantly, although I was scared, I knew we'd be just fine. Sometimes jumping into the deep end was worth the risk, and the adrenaline. I just had to remember to kick myself to the surface again.

"Yeah! If you don't give your heart and soul into the game, then what's the point? If you don't give it your all and more, you should be thoroughly ashamed." Chase added, and our team started cheering.

God, we should just become motivational speakers if all else fails.

"YOU GIVE EVERYTHING!
LEAVE NO REGRETS out there.
NOT AN OUNCE OF EFFORT!

"That is what a real champion is made of! You give everything! Leave no regrets on that pitch. Not an ounce of effort." Austin shouted, and everyone on our team pumped our fists in the air.