Chapter 28

"Never be afraid to try something new."

"Drunk and high! Drunk and high!" Chase was shouting a far distance away from me

The movie? That was fine. Joey was beyond distraught, his eyes were glued to the screen as he was eating popcorn like a zombie, same with Graham. Chase? I take it he loves horror movies. Nick was practically dead- as usual- in the movie, as were Sammy and Ian. Austin and Ethan were the type to have an inside joke about everything and began to laugh throughout random moments in the movie. The rest of the boys were like me, just watching and eating- but mainly eating.

Jayden? Jayden had walked out half way though the film to get a call, and when he came back, his face was blank. It was masked. And he was basically stoic. Before when he would laugh at the dumb things the girl does in a horror movie with me, after that call, he wouldn't. He was next to me and I could literally feel the stress radiating off of him.

I don't know why but it just looked wrong. His face didn't suit looking blank. I mean, I know I hate his smirks but it's better than this, this lack of emotion.

I'm guessing he had hit that point in life where he was on the brink of giving up. I wanted to tell him that he'd make it, and shouldn't give up - but it wasn't my place to tell.

It's like, you know what could happen, and you know how to help it, but you can't because it's not your place to do it. Like a teacher. They can't help a struggling student in a test, no matter how hard they struggle.

It's not their place.

He was walking behind the group as they were hooting and I was laughing, but stopped when I turned to look at him.

His hands, they were stuffed in his pockets and his face, it was angled upwards, towards the ceiling- like they were holding back tears. Except, his eyes weren't glossy. Or I couldn't see the gloss covering his eyes. He was good at concealing, I'll give him that.

"I need new shin pads!" Carson moaned, and Austin grunted at his voice. But thankfully, he didn't make a big fuss out of it. Maybe he was going to take my advice. Correction; I hope he was going to take my advice.

"Wanna head to Finish Line?" Sammy asked and he nodded. Sammy asked everyone else and they were all down, so I shrugged.

I was broke anyways.

Chase started singing "talk dirty" in the mall, and three phones were blasting them in sync. Yeah, I was part of that group.

"Can anyone dance?" Chase shouted at us, as we crowded in a circle.

I looked down immediately, hoping they wouldn't get the gist. I pulled my phone out, very unnaturally, and pretended I was typing something.

I felt a nudge and looked up. Jayden was smirking at me and I looked down immediately. "You can dance, can't you?" He asked me and I never replied. When he looked down at me, it looked as if nothing was wrong with him. He was extremely good at masking his pain.