Chapter 56

if you want to be together, you have TO-GET-HER.

"Come on guys, hold it together

"Come on guys, hold it together. We can do this. We really can do this." Carson motivated us as we walked off the pitch towards coach. The ear-piercing whistle had just rang through out the pitch and we finally were getting a break.

We were losing 2-1. 2-1 against Dormant high school.

I walked off, fast paced, almost furious. It was at myself, don't worry. I had a great opportunity to take that shot, if only I took it.

"Hey, it's okay. It was one shot, we'll get many more in the second half. You know that's when our colours shine." Chase reassured and I rolled my eyes.

"If I took it, we wouldn't be having this issue right now. We need at least two goals if we want to win. And it's like they've figured out Joey back to front."

I ran a hand through my brunette hair as we reached the benches Coach was sitting on. "Excellent play. But this is how we're going to do it in the second half. Alex and Jayden, you're up on front on wings. We don't have a central strike anymore." I nodded my head, like a good soldier in the army.

Jayden appeared next to me and hugged me sideways, squeezing the arm furthest from him which just made me roll my eyes and cross my arms.

Okay, maybe I was melodramatic to say the least. Sighing, I let my arms fall limp to my side and Jayden chuckled under his breathe, fanning my neck.

"Midfield, we're doing what we did last time. Half up, near the line but still on the defence court, and then the rest near the defence. They've figured Joey's weak spots out, so we've gotta notch up the defence." Everyone hummed in agreement and Coach clapped his hands.

In the corner of my eyes, I glanced up at the clock. Thirty seconds until we go on. We can do this.

"The only people allowed in the second half of the pitch are the strikers, and if we absolutely must, then Nick and Chase. That's it. The rest of us guard the defence, until Joey can come up with some new moves." Coach clarified, just when the intercom rang in our ears.

"Half time is up and the players are making their way onto the pitches. The Dormants are smirking whilst Bayside have got a bit of a cleaning up to do." The commentator for the other team sighed blissfully into the mic.

Standing facing the other team whose two main players stood in the circle, my hand rested on my hip. "Can we just use some bloody skills, now?" I asked Jayden.

He'd advised everyone not to use them until the quarter finals. Only four teams were to be eliminated in the round of 12. However, more could be eliminated if the points dropped below 18.

We wouldn't.

"Fine. Just, not your best ones, okay?" Jayden told me and I nodded eagerly. Okay, now I'm getting the thrill back.