Chapter 15.5

I don't need anyone's help. I'm doing just fine.

"Joey get in goal

"Joey get in goal."

Coach calls out and I realise that this was the same ducking prick who called my dad a coward. I roll my eyes as he takes his stance, a permanent smirk plastered on his ugly ass face.

He gives me a look, that look when you tell people they're not worth your time.

Oh you messed with the wrong gal, buddy. He's lucky I'm trying to have a good record of some sort. I don't want to go to a college with some rubbish records. But if I weren't, his face would be smashed into ugly smithereens, right about... Now.

But I also know that stainless will be impossible. For people like me anyways. I'm bound to blow up at someone. To be honest, I'm being honest. And it's not that I need anger management classes. It's just those fake people. And I've seen plenty around school.

"You messed with wrong goalie." He whispers. You messed with the wrong girl striker, hun. I thought as I kick top left corner, with my left foot. Didn't think that a girl can play soccer? Well guess what, I play soccer and I shoot with both feet.

He merely missed the ball, just a few inches out of his grasp. I silently release the breathe I held, relieved. I hear Cody do the same. Wait, is he waiting for me or what?

Wait, damn I also have shift. Guess my day isn't nearly over. Hehe. My life must be fun. Well, energetic, I'm not sure about fun.

The hall becomes dead silent and I start fearing for my life. I did something wrong didn't I. Oh holy shnitzels...

"Hehe... why is it so damn quiet?" I whisper shout at the other players. "Plus, quit staring at me like that, it's hella creepy."I add, in a normal voice and I then hear something I never thought I would receive. I hear one person clapping.

I turn around and see... Mason? Wow, this really is a small world. He goes to this school? I never knew he went to this school... woah. Mind-blown much. Talk about new discoveries.

No, not in the other way you dirty minded freaks.

Cody and Huntsman also clap, filling the empty, hollow room filled with the deafening silence roaring in our ears. I roll my eyes at their childishness and carry on shooting. Although, I'm thankful, because they gave me all the motivation I needed to keep going on.

The more father away from the goal, the more I focused on my aim rather than the strength of the kick itself. It's a real downside, I gotta admit, because the prick was able to save a few loose shots.

To be honest, I was just going by what I know best. And I was just going by trusting my guts to make the right decisions. I wanted to do this so I was going show them how it's done, like the person I am. No backing up. No cowardice. Just me, and my awesome right foot. Well, also my left if you count that too.

I learnt a lot of thing when I was younger. I got valuable advice from others; I was told to always believe. To always cherish my own achievements.

Most importantly. To chase after your dreams. No matter how high. If you love something, you will go to extreme lengths. Always will. That's what my father told me.

And I couldn't have put it better. My dad was a legend. And I was prepared to navigate through the world with the bits and pieces I remember. It'll help me on my way,
No doubt.

"Amazing shooting skills you have there..." coach says once I finish shooting from each of the red crosses marked on the floor. He smirks, addressing the boys, "Boys, I think we found ourselves a new left winger!" Some boys clap and whistle, my shooting brother, Mason and Huntsman included, whilst other shrug it off.

I would probably do the same. I'm not the best player, and there is definitely much room for improvement. But, I would try and not show it to the face of the world because I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Yes, I do have a heart, thank you very much.

"Can we go home now?" Cody asks as he approaches me and I laugh airily, wondering how I landed myself such an idiotically, funny brother.

"Sure, buddy, sure." I respond and he smiles a goofy smile. "Anything for my lil' bro who has a crush on my new friend." I wink at him and he shows a tinge of red, swept across his cheeks.

"Alex!" He whines like the little child he is and I laugh, shaking my head. "Ok, ok... But I ship you two." I add, agreeing with it. They would honestly look so cute together.

A lot like... Destiny. Yup, I believe in fate too.

"I thought you weren't a girl!" He protests further, and I shake my head. "Ah nah. Me birth certificate says I'm a girl and biologically I'm a girl soo... your stuck with a girl." I sum up my gender to him and he rolls his eyes playfully.

I feel a clap on my shoulder and immediately turn around, almost punching the guy behind me in the process.

Well it's Huntsman. Of course. Only this guy. But, well, that's not entirely the problem right now. He bought his best bud with him along too.

Don't get me wrong he's... well, to put it truthfully, good looking. It's a shame his personality isn't as beautiful, though. He would honestly have more girl hearts. Maybe mine too.

I'm kidding. This girl doesn't fall for boys and their annoying stances. Friends. That's probably how I'll ever be connected to all the guys I meet.

I'm a strong, independent girl who doesn't need help. I don't need a hand to hold. Because I'm me and I'm gonna show everyone what this me can do, all right.

I don't need anyone's to help. I'm doing just fine.

 I'm doing just fine

Nb: not edited