Chapter 4

Forget the glass slippers, this girl wears soccer cleats
-------------------------------------------------------

Forget the glass slippers, this girl wears soccer cleats ✨-------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Alex, wake up." Someone murmurs into my ear. My eyebrows furrow and I pout. "Not yet. 2 more minutes."

"Oh, I would let you sleep, trust me. But you have your café shift today, no?" I hear a familiar voice say to me.

At this I quickly jolt awake, to find I'm actually in an empty aeroplane, on a seat, as Jordan is trying to get the on-hand bags. I'm not in England anymore, meaning I don't have a freakin shift. "Cody!" I whine as he chuckles.

I rub my eyes sleepily, then get up quickly. "Were late. Shit this is all my fault." As realisation courses through me, I panic as I quickly help Jerk take the things down.

A flight attendant approaches us and says, "ahhh.... So she's awake. I was just coming to say she needs to wake up and get going. The plane is getting cleaned for its next flight in the next hour." She smiles, as I turn a deep shade of red.

"Hey, Alex. It's okay man." Cody says to me, but I'm not really paying attention.

"Mhm.... nice story, now get your ass off the plane superhero," I reply to Cody and ask Jordan to get off the plane.

"Geez, calm down woman." Jerk says to me and it only causes me to grow more aggravated by the second.

He goes through the connected tunnel, us trailing behind him, and soon enough, we've entered the airport.

I look around and smile. We really made it. "We really are here!" I say, awe stricken at the revelation.

"I believe we are." Cody replies as I swat his arm. Because he's standing behind me, he hugs me from behind and says, "want a piggy bank?"

Obviously I say yes, because it's not everyday he offers me a piggy bank. Besides, I'm to lazy to carry anything right now. "The achiever deserves a break." Jordan agrees with us, nodding is head in amusement.

"Very funny. I'm just tired to be honest. 10 hours of sleep was not enough." I yawn as I climb onto Cody's shoulders.

"Your getting me really worried. How long do you even sleep?" Jordan asks me as Cody begins walking.

"A few hours." I shrug in nonchalance. "7-8 if I'm lucky."

"Your... you could be developing insomnia you know!" Jordan turns around in concern and I laugh.

"Brother, I have to work in the morning." I tell him and this earns him a sigh of relief. "At least your not turning into an insomniac."

"I shall be sure to include that on my list of things to do, though." I laugh airily as Jordan shoots me a death glare.

"Hey sis, we gotta pick up the bags." Cody says. "Oh, and how's the view from up there?" I can here the amusement laced in his voice and smile.

"It's great up here, general Baxter. Now, how about we go and pick up our treasure?" And at this, both boys burst out into laughter, Cody making sure he doesn't drop me.

We wait an immense amount of time before our bags come out, grabbing them as soon as we catch sight of them.

We walk into the collection area and I immediately see a guy in a suit, having some resemblance with my dead mother. I don't even feel any remorse when I say this if I'm honest.

"Uncle Leo? That you?" I ask, having spot him first. His eyes dart towards me and nods, smiling wholeheartedly. "Yup. What you doin' on the poor kids back?" He asks as we get nearer.

We all laugh and I say "This poor kid offered to give me a piggy bank, so why the hell not?" As they continued laughing. Soon enough, me and Uncle Leo also started laughing.

"You kids are a handful, lemme tell you that." He shakes his head, a full out smile playing on his lips.

We have a small friendly chat as we get to the car until I say, "What are you doing in a suit?" "I'm a lawyer and I have a case to go to a soon as I drop you off. And before you start cursing with colourful words, saying you lot put me through a lot already, it was a last minute case, so calm the heck down, you blown out Scar."

Everyone begins laughing and I successfully get off of Cody's back and help them put the things into the truck. "You guys barely packed anything...." Uncle Leo interprets and we all shrug and nod. "We only bought what was needed. Besides, that's probably what me and Alex have been living off. Jo, here, just decided not to pack that much." Cody answers.

I go round to the car and find a doll in the front seat and smile. "Whose doll is this?" I ask Uncle Leo. His face instantly brightens and he answers, "My daughter's." And I gasp.

"What... what's wrong with me having daughters? or any children for that matter?" He asks genuinely confused for the first time. "I have a cousin?" I ask.

He nods in relief and another smile breaks out on his face. "Cousins, actually. I have two. The doll your holding belongs to Cara. She's 6, almost 7. The older ones name is Alyssa. She's around your age, actually I think she's in the same grade y'all are gonna be in." He nods.

"Alex, calm it down a notch. It's just one girl you can play with." Cody chuckles. "Still! I can teach her how to play football and all that jazz. I can even take her to get ice cream and stuff." I say hopefully.

Yes, I got a soft spot for little kids. What can I say? I'm a hopeless case.

"You like kids, don't ya?" Uncle Leo says as we all get into the car. "Duh! They remind me of when life was carefree and fun. Oh the good ol' days when nothing was bad." I sigh.

The car is a black 7 seater Audi. I get into the last two seats at the very back, whilst Cody and Jordan sit in the three seats in front of me.

"Hey, this is a Q7, right?" Jordan asks. I look at him confused and he expand, "This 7-seater looks like a Q7. It's a type of car."

"Ahh." Is all I say before I head to my phone and plug in my headphones.

"It's a 2 hour drive to Burnsville, so get comfortable." Uncle Leo calls and I adhere. "First up, Shawn Mendes." And I close my eyes, relaxing into the world of music, or shall I call it, neverland. *wink*

---

Bahaha hey guys! Sorry I've been having trouble logging in and i have to write on a laptop too because my phone is broken.... Gahhhhh!

Anyways, because of this, I'm going on a semi-hiatus. Its not anything serious, because I'm still updating and still reading my wattpad-fam's stories, but they are gonna be much slower.

I do however, bear good news! I'm doing double update because this chapter was really supposed to go up on Friday....

Anyways, I should really go finish writing the next chapter for y'all... Toodles!