Chapter 11

Soccer doesn't take talent. It takes commitment, passion and dedication.

I walk into my English class, who will be taught by Mr Brown

I walk into my English class, who will be taught by Mr Brown. Let's hope he's a nice teacher. I mean, he doesn't sound so strict.

I sigh outside the door, shaking all the nervousness from my body and open the door. I am like 5 minutes late to my lesson, which is not a good thing. Great, I'm getting an earful from my first teacher, on my first day, in my first lesson.

"Come in Bryce, your late... again." A 20 year old teacher sighs. He doesn't seem too bad. I can live with this.

I stand still at the door, because I have no idea where to sit, and I have no idea what to do. Do I cough or what?

"Sir, It isn't Bryce..." A girl who wears her hair in the same style as Katniss from the Hunger Games, with a small frame and cute nerd-like glasses. I also realise that on a desk for two, she sits alone.I know that feeling. And it sure isn't a pleasant one, if i'm being honest.

This time Mr Brown looks up from a book, I'm assuming he's marking or reading something... "And you are...?"

"Alexis." I give him a small smile and he returns it. "Oh yes, sorry, I completely forgot that you were joining this class." I shrug and take the seat next to the girl who told the guy I wasn't this Bryce person.

"You don't need to sit here. People will make fun of you." She says in the same small voice I was used. But those days are past me. I shake my head, "I don't really care. I'm not here for them anyways, I'm here for myself." I reply and she smiles. "Also, I know how it feels to be alone, trust me." I give her a full smile back.

"Ava, can you please help Alexis and tell her what we're doing." He smiles warmly at both of us and she nods.

"Well, nice to meet you, Ava. I'm Alex." I smile at her and she begins telling me how we're studying To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, telling me exactly what we're doing. I thank her in gratitude, and continue to make notes.

To kill a Mockingbird is a really good book. I'm not the type to read books, agreed, but that doesn't mean I don't read at all... I read foot- soccer magazines if that counts.

About 5 Minutes after, I hear a door, and everyone simultaneously turns their head towards the door, revealing a boy who was walked into the lesson, about 10 minutes late. Thinking about this, I didn't even get a detention for walking in late to class...

"Ahhhh... So this one is Bryce..." Mr Brown laughs and so does the class. "What?" The boy looks dumbfounded at the teacher, a smirk playing on his lips. He has brunette, dishevelled hair that looks gorgeous, and Chocolate brown eyes that you could easily get lost in.

Suddenly, a lot of the attention is transferred onto me, so I look down, pretending to write as Mr Brown points at me and says, "This is Alexis, and she came in late because she had to go pick pick up her timetable. I swapped her for you. Sorry, but I'm really not sorry." He smirks back at the kid. Is it only me, or are the adults here in Minnesota only cool?