Chapter 14

Chase after your dreams. No matter how high. If you love something, you will go to extreme lengths. Always do you. That's what my father told me. ✨ -Alexis Cassidy Baxter

I'm sitting in my last period, near the door and there's only 5 minutes left of art

I'm sitting in my last period, near the door and there's only 5 minutes left of art. I'm not a huge fan of art, because I am not that good. Truth be told, I totally suck at art.

Art was never my strong point. I didn't play with markers or make cards with glitter on them. No. I spent my childhood playing football and helping around. Just like Cody.

The bell goes and everyone stands up, as I follow suit. "The bell doesn't dismiss you. I do."'is what I expected the teacher to say but I don't think she was too bothered. I mean, everyone was talking. Might as well be free period. She's a really chill teacher.

I shove everything in my gym bag and walk towards where the tryouts are being held. And then, lo and behold, I'm lost. You know, this happens a lot. Like people get lost a lot.

"Erm, excuse me, sir, where's the gymnasium?" I ask a bald teacher and he looks at me, well, weirdly. What, never seen a girl play foot-dang it- Soccer?

"Down the hall, first door on your right." And he continues down the hall in silence, holding two very heavy looking textbooks, and... A really long list of detentions. I do not want to get on that teachers bad side...

I follow the instructions and soon enough, I'm standing in front of the door. I look at my watch and see that it's 3:05. Just in time?

I place my hand on the seemingly odd cold door job and exhale. I'm gonna do just fine. Like all the times I practised.

I turn the nob and walk in, a lucky pair of change of clothes in my gym bag.

I'm immediately stung with a purgatory smell of feet. Ew. It smells of smelly boys, and a very, very over-does of cologne, almost making me choke. Oh, this is so gonna suck.

"Hey, pretty lil' thing. Cheerleading is next door." An obnoxious sound calls at me. I resist the urge to roll my eyes and snarl at him, keeping my cool. First impressions.

"I'm not here for the cheerleading. I'm pretty sure this is the gymnasium. Where the foot-." My hands curl up into a fist as I nod. Yup made that mistake again. Out loud. "Where the Soccer tryouts are." I say.

Well so much for first impressions.

Oh shut up, will you?

"And you think your gonna be able to make the team?" Another guy calls out. I shrug and say, "maybe. Maybe not. But its worth a shot."

"Yeah, a girl can play soccer. Totally." The same guy says, rolling his eyes. Oh screw first impressions. I'm going at this guy.

Rolling up my sleeves, I take a daring step forward to the boy, as I glare at him accusingly. "Your gonna wanna take that back."