Chapter 55

"We lay under the same stars."

The wind ripped past me, screams of joy filling my ears

The wind ripped past me, screams of joy filling my ears. Me and Jayden were racing on the pitch at five am. We didn't have a match today, thankfully, so coach wouldn't get that mad.

But how did we get here? Let me rewind this book slightly. Wait - save your fingers, I'll do it for you. "The fourth wall has fallen, I repeat the fourth wall has fallen."

... I have no comment.

My eyes unwillingly fluttered open, but no light hit them like I thought it would. Enclosed in a hug from a sleeping Jayden, it made it almost impossible to move.

Staying true to his word, he slept next to me. And when I mean next to me, he was bloody hugging me like a teddy bear. Typical Jayden. And I'm the melodramatic one.

Looking at Jayden's calm face, I traced his features ever so lightly, making sure not to jog him. That is probably why he woke up ten minutes later, but you know. As I outlined his face including every feature, every blemish, my finger burned, tingled. It set my heart aflame, and I loved it.

And then came the favourite part - his hair. Bouncing the palm of my hand on the top of his tousled chestnut and fluffy hair, he finally began to stir. It's was around three fifty, which meant I'd been bouncing my hand on his hair softly for about ten minutes. My palms tingled and Jayden wore a huge smile, eyes still closed. "Morning, sweetheart."

"Morning and can you think of a different... I don't know, pet name?" I asked him and he let out a raspy but cute chuckle.
"Sure."

I grabbed my phone which was conveniently on charge on the upper bunk's socket, alongside Jayden's too. Eight missed calls, seventy two texts and two random notifications. Damn I missed a lot.

When I opened my phone, I realised that about fifty of those texts were Cody, Ava and... Jordan's, talking about the best breakfast ever. Seriously?

It started off with Cody and Ava telling me and Jordan that Cody could now come home, which was excellent news. Ava said he was gonna bunk with her for some time because she still didn't want anything to happen to him - aww, my brother really is in good hands - and Cody sent a bunch of eye roll emojis.

Until he said he was hungry and Jordan said he wasn't going to get any food until breakfast. I mean, it was about eleven pm they discharged him, I guess. Then Cody said he wanted pancakes for breakfast, and the whole fight about the best breakfast broke out amongst the three.

My heart retracted in sadness, but also in happiness at the same time. I was sad, because I was always missing all of this. How goofy my brother was and he distance between us felt a lot more and more real everyday. But happiness because he had a best friend and a girlfriend he could always count on... I guess he didn't need me anymore. Or that's what I thought.