Chapter 16

Everyone deserves a second chance. Even the ones who have done the most wrong.

I can't believe Joey couldn't save her shots

I can't believe Joey couldn't save her shots. I'm actually held astounded. Is she that great? I can't see anything great about her.

True, she is better than Barry, but you can't just decide that she's a perfect suit. And I thought wrong. For the first time, I actually lost a bet.

I reached in my pocket and found a ten dollar note. Guess it's time I pay up; which I never do, by the way.

"Ah nah. I need to show this to someone." Chase tells me and I roll my eyes. He's let the victory get to him. Might as well have it whilst he can.

It won't be long before I start winning all the bets, again. Well I hope anyways. I'm actually getting scared. If he was able to beat me today, how long until I win again?

He drags me along to the new recruit whose currently talking to who I assume is her brother. They look alike, but it seems the guy is older.

But, Chase told me it was the girl. Guess it's true. You do learn something new everyday...

Her chestnut brown hair shines in the sunlight, her brown orbs like the colour of hazel. She's wearing the same attire as she was this morning, showing basically how eager she was to get this part.

Maybe I've got her pinned down wrong. Maybe she isn't like other girls.

Yeah. Believe that. When she does the same thing, don't come to me.

Firstly, I won't be able to come to you. You are me. And secondly, who said I was gonna chase her?

Alexis is literally triggered when Chase puts his hand on her shoulder, as she quickly reacts, almost punching his nose off.

I quietly snicker under my breathe as Chase sends me a painted stare. Jeez, even my best friend is against me. Wow.

The apocalypse is soon to hit people. Chase is never against me. Well, after we joined High School that is.

"Thank you so much Alexis. I knew you could do it." Chase starts and she has the same confused look I have plastered on my face.

"What? Break this down, Huntsman. Your honestly confusing sometimes. And I haven't even known you a week." She says and he rolls his eyes and I snicker once again.

He elbows me in the ribs and I cough, then rolling my eyes when he's not looking.

"Well, I knew you were gonna get the place and all, so I decided to bet on you." He says cautiously, as the brunette head places a hand on her heart, feigning hurt.

"You bet on your friends? Wow, what a character Huntsman!" And she free falls, he brother catching her.

She is really ditzy. But... shit no I don't. I totally don't like it. Over dramatic drama queen.