Chapter 12.5

Be careful. Don't trust anyone and everyone.

"How do you find this so easy?" Ava asks me as we exit Maths

"How do you find this so easy?" Ava asks me as we exit Maths. It was by far the worst class, and I'm going to dread coming here a lot. I'd rather have an hour detention I think, than sit in her class for an hour.

"Solving Equations is basic knowledge to me. We did it like in year 7. That would be.... erm... Grade 6 here." I reply and proceed to once again, check my timetable. "Physics. Great. The most straightforward yet frustrating subject in Science." I say and Ava literally chokes on air.

"Physics is pointless, stupid and so confusing! How can you even say that?" She splutters and I shrug. "I also worked in a tuition for Physics for like 3 weeks when I wasn't legally allowed a proper job." I say and she shakes her head.

"What else did you do? Work in a mechanic shop?" She asks, exasperatedly throwing her hands into the air. I shake my head. "Where'd you get that one from, Cody did that." I smugly smile and she shakes her head, smiling faintly."Anyways, That door is to your class, Physics, and this ones to mine, Chem. See ya, well, whenever I see ya next time." She does a quick wave and I grunt. Great, I'm on my own again.

We both step into our classes, and I am met with a head. The back of a head might I add. "Excuse me" I mumble, still dejected about being all alone in this class. I could really use a ten minute break to play around with a ball with Codes, or Jerk. Speaking of which, where is Jerk? I completely forgot about him. Well, I'll go round' to his Grams to check on him.

Wait, it's gonna be after work. Sometimes I regret my decisions. Why didn't I just take up Uncle Leo's offer? I wouldn't have to work that way...

Well, someone's a bit too stubborn for their own good to let that happen, am I right, or am I right?

Good point.

The guy who is standing in front of me doesn't move, so I move myself, but that results in him blocking my way... again. This little game soon has me aggravated, and I begin to find it hard to keep my cool.

"Excuse me, Mr I'm-So-Arrogant-And-I-Will-Not-Move, I am trying to get through the door." I seethe, clearly enunciating every letter to show that my patience is wearing thin. "You are excused." The guy says, who sounds awfully farmiliar. "That's it" I say and and grab the guy in a headlock. I'm like a minute early so I'm pretty sure the teacher isn't here yet.

Why did I grab this random guy in a headlock, I'm actually not sure. But I feel like I know this person... oh well.

I look down to see who it is and huff. I roll my eyes, "Your nickname suits you, Jerk." I say, clearly unamused. "Whatever you did back there wasn't even remotely funny," I say as I make my way to an empty seat in the middle of the class room. Less people tend to bother you there.

Jordan takes a seat beside me and I sigh playfully, my annoying side quick to go. He knows I can't stay annoyed at him for too long. This guy takes advantage of that. Smart chap, I tell you.

The professor walks in, and tells us to take our books and stuff out. Just then, the guy from my English class decided to make an appearance. Oh Lord, I'm already fed up of The BadBoy.

People start to trickle in, likewise, and a lot of people stand still once they see me and Jordan cussing each other, sitting down in our seats. Well I think that's the reason anyways.

"Couple?" A girl asks, her amber eyes slightly glinting, and I look towards her. I wait a second before I begin to crack up. "Me? And him? OH MY GOD." I say, as Jordan also starts laughing. "Ew! Never in a million years. She's hot, but...." I swat his shoulder as we laugh. Tears are leaking my eyes as I feel pain surge through the sides because of my laughter.

I realise that the other guys are still standing, and the professor is in the room. I begin coughing, alot, as Jerk soon catches on. "Sorry. He's a Jerk." I say to the rest of the class as he kicks my shins. "Watch it! That's my shins, Jordan!" I say and he starts profusely apologising. Yeah, you better. If there's a bruise, then he's gonna have hell to pay.

Besides, I heard that they're looking for a new left winger. Going to head there after school and see if I can make the team. Whaaat? I was going to anyways. Uncle Leo just reminded me this morning. Cool guy, he is.

"Dude, why the hell are you apologising so much for?" A random guy who shares this class with us asks Jordan. "Because after school, this girl is gonna kick my ass if she has a bruise." He says and I say, "Jordan, firstly, You are so dead and you owe me a piggy back now. Secondly,shut the fuck up. Everyone is still gaping at us, and no-ones seated." I hiss-whisper the last part.

"Anyways, why aren't you all sitting?" The professor suddenly asks. Everyone gasps again, looking at us. "They're in Chase's and my seats." The Bryce guy states. Oh my God. They even have seats? Big deal much!

"Doesn't have your name on it." I reply back cockily. I swear his chocolate brown eyes darken at this point. I hear Jordan gulp and roll my eyes, but deep down, I'm also terrified. I have what I like to call an... armour. "Doesn't need to. Everyone knows that those are our seats." He says darkly.

Just as I'm about to say something else, Chase, the same one I met on Saturday,walks in. "Hey, why's everyone standing?" Chase asks, looking around at everyone weirdly and then sees us."Hi, Huntsman." I say cheerily. He looks at me for a minute, like he doesn't know me, then replies, "Hey, what'd you do with the beanie? It looked good. And I liked it." And then I laugh.

"Seriously though, you really are strong. I mean, you lifted Cody. I tried lifting him, don't ask why, but he's heavy." He says and I nod. "I can handle weights. But Cody isn't that heavy." I shrug. Jordan adds, "He really is. This girl has a tough time taking compliments is all."

"Alexis, by the way, did you get the job from that cafe?" Chase asks me, completely forgetting the professor is right here. I gulp, because although I'm very social, I tend not to speak much about my actual life. But can you really blame me? "Well, yeah...." I mumble, dejectedly.

Yup, he hit a sensitive spot alright. But why would you ask a girl who is sitting in his and the BadBoy's chair - whilst everyone is looking at her in pure horror and the Professor to the most hated subject is standing there - if she got a freaking job?

"Anyways, can y'all sit down, I have a small lesson prepped for today so I would really appreciate if you guys could shut the hell up." Mr Professor asks, saving me from that awkward trance. I breathe a sigh of relief as I stand up and move to the desk in front of us, kicking Jordan's bag with me. I really need to kick a ball man...

The lesson thereafter runs smoothly, me just sitting here and re-capping everything because this is all basic definitions. I quickly finish my work and help Jordan. How is Jordan struggling with basic definitions, I don't know.

"You are so behind man, keep up will you." I keep saying to Jordan as I attempt to teach him different definitions. "Acceleration is speed in a particular direction." I say, and he nods, then asking, "What's speed again?" I groan and shake my head, then basically telling him in the most simplest form what speed is. "Oh." Is all he says, but I doubt he gets it so...

"Pack up, class is over." The professor says and I quickly pack my things up, as Jordan gives me my football gloves. "I forgot to give them to you when I borrowed them for the match. Give em' to Cody will ya'?" He asks and I nod. Then, he leaves the class, confused as to why Jordan ditched me... He's new here too!

I walk out the door and then through the halls, people giving me weird looks, obnoxious ones. I shrug them off, because I meant everything I said to Ava, all I need to do now is implement it into my life. Some people don't care, and all though it isn't a good thing, it really is the best way to protect yourself, hence my uneasiness in talking to other people.

Don't trust anyone and everyone. A very important lesson you should all learn.