Chapter 29

"People say that with time everything heals. But the scars are still fucking there and I can't forget what happened."

I twiddled with the black call point pen in my hand, sweating

I twiddled with the black call point pen in my hand, sweating. Mr Professor dude was about to hand out the test, and I couldn't help but feel a tinge bit nervous. Okay maybe not a tinge.

I don't do well with tests okay? I probably know Physics like the back of this classroom and could recite it in my sleep - that's just how easy it is. But I just can't handle with tests.

I mean P.E test? Sure, I'll smash it. Oral? No problem, no faff. But written? Good luck to me because I'm going to need it. Me and written tests just don't mix.

And that's surprising to say at the very least.

Nevertheless, I still revised for an hour or so, making sure I could actually be able to get over 90% first time so that my daydreaming in class could be, to some extent, justifiable.

Yeah, okay that sounds pretty stupid thinking back but I'm going to push that to the back of my mind because the ugly, bland test is right in front of me.

Why did I get AP class for Physics again? Actually, for any sciences for that matter... why did I get AP for all sciences?

I picked up my pen and sighed as I looked at the first question. Seriously? I sighed and started scribble down the answer I knew like the back of my head.

---

"That was a hard test..." Chase sighed, stretchy his arms and not so subtly relaxing it on my shoulders.

I pushed the unnecessary weight off of my shoulders and rolled my eyes. "Hardly." I scoffed, holding the books closer to my chest.

"She's right. It was barely anything". Jayden backed me up and I smiled. Why am I smiling?

"Nope, it was a hard test either way." Cody popped into the conversation, and jerk nodded his head furiously in agreement.

"I think I failed. Alexis, I think I failed." Jordan's eyes were wide and I put a hand on his shoulder, as if to comfort him and replied,
"I know buddy. We all do. You suck at physics."

"That's straight up blunt and mean." Chase whispered to me, his eyes plastered on Jerk's annoyed face because he knew he flopped. Stupid guy, probably didn't even revise.

Physics gives him an actual headache in general.

"It's not if he knows it." I shrugged and Jayden held out his fist to spud. I tapped my fist against his as he smirked,
"She knows what I'm getting at, Chase. I think I'm gonna have to ditch you for her."

Chase placed a hand over his heart and feigned offence, as the two boys bickered back and forth as I stood in the middle, slightly bent as they communicated over me. Sometimes I wish I was smaller.