Chapter 30

"You win some, you lose some."

"And again! Chase your push up did not count, let's do it again!" Coach was making our practices harder and harder as they came

Now that Cody was playing, even if only two matches, he was also required to attend the practise. It made me laugh seeing him there, but I couldn't do much other than smile without hearing an earful from coach.

"Jayden, Alexis and Cody, start sprints. The rest of you, complete your penalties."

Cody, Jayden and I had not made one mistake in the push ups. Well, Cody probably did but covered it up smoothly like he normally does.

I chugged down some liquid and then jogged to the track, gazing at it and then smiled. I love running. Running happens to also be a huge part of football.

"Bet you 10 bucks you can't beat him!" Chase hollered and I smirked. Why do these boys underestimate me?

"It's on!" I shouted as Jayden smirked too. We took our positions and coach began telling Chase off for talking. He then waved the red flag up and we were off.

I was literally neck in neck with Jayden. He'd sprint faster, so would I. After two laps, I could feel his frustration from where I was running.

Last lap to go, with Jayden frustrated as ever, I began to see my opportunity. I noticed he slowed down slightly, and we were near the finish.

I slacked back and breathed heavily, and he slowed down slightly more. I then sped past him and over he finish line.

I just had to confuse him.

"Chase, that's 10 dollars for me!" I hollered and he groaned.

Jayden looked at me and then after a while said, "You cheated."

"I did not cheat. I didn't touch you in any way nor did I rig the system." I replied cockily and he rolled his eyes and sighed.

I sat down and watched Cody roll in now.

"Doing anything tomorrow Codes?" I ask him as he slumps next to me, as we watch the others running the laps too.

"No, why?" He asked, kind of confused.

"We haven't done anything together since... you know." I realised myself that we didn't do anything.

"Remember the food fight at Caroline's?" I laughed and he nodded, laughing. "That was probably the last time we did anything."

"Sure. Where we goin, Cass?" He asked me and I flinched at the name. Jayden caught on, but Cody was oblivious to the slight flinch, his eyes glued onto Ava who was sitting on the bleachers.

I nudged him, regaining normality quite quickly and asked, "Why haven't you asked her to be your girlfriend? You've been on, like, 5 dates already." I asked.