C. 15

His voice is heaven, it's deep and rough and his voice is her new favorite type of music and she never wants to let go of this memorable tune.

Y/N breaks into an excited smile, her eyes glistening with tears as she speaks, "Let's."

***

She grasps hold of his hand, her heart almost stops at the touch and heat of his skin. The way his hand willingly embraced her own made her heart nearly stop.

Toby pulls her up from the bed in one hastily movement, into his arms. The sudden hug surprises her. She is unfamiliar with this, she hasn't had physical contact like this for years and isn't sure how to react.

It takes her a second to unfreeze herself and envelope him with her arms around his waist. She was finally in contact with the only person that she cared about, after months of sharing notes through the window she had grown to hate, she was by him. Clutching at him as if he may disappear.

It was nice.

The hug comes to an end too quickly, much to her dismay. Toby smiles at her again before it fades, he reaches to his belt and grabs the handle of a bloody hatchet. "We need to leave now, it's only a matter of time before the police are here." His words go through her head. Her eyes focused on the red liquid on his weapon.

Her silent questions are answered, however, when he pulls her out the door in a hurry, grasping tightly at her hand.

The hallways were red. Y/N nearly screams aloud when she sees all of the dead bodies in the hallway, there's so much blood.

Everywhere.

Her bare feet are immersed in the blood and she can't help but recoil, almost slipping on the sticky liquid. It's silent all except for the blaring alarm and their feet hitting the floor.

Toby did this? Just to break her out? She's not sure whether to feel flattered or horrified.

Y/N is snapped out of her brief terror when Toby comes to a sudden halt and curses under his breath in exasperation.

"Put your weapons down! Hands up!"

Y/N doesn't have a chance to observe who the voice belonged to before she was being pulled up staircase after staircase. She was already out of breath by the time they got up the second staircase.

They would be cornered, so why was he going up?

It seems they were on the very top floor, Toby stops by a window."Y/N."The hallway shifts in and out of focus when he speaks her name in a hushed voice, he's staring at the window.

She glances at him, her eyes wide, "You want to jump out?"

He nods."We don't have a choice."Toby tells her, "We'll have to run, so we can't risk breaking our legs and at this point, it's our only way out."

Y/N intakes a breath, "So what do we do?"He runs a hand through his brown hair and thinks for a short moment, leaving her somewhat distracted."I have rope," he says breaking her out of her trance, "So we can climb down."

Only then does she notice the black duffle bag hanging from his shoulder. He drops his bag down on the floor and quickly pulls out thick rope attached to a silver hook.