C. 37

"Tim, you fucking bastard!"

She whimpers, her vision begins to become hazy and black starts to dot her vision. She's losing blood fast from her leg. Slumping down again on her knees, Tim holds the bloody weapon to her throat again.

"Tobias! So good to see you!"Tim lifts his mask up to show his mouth again. He gives Toby a fake, welcoming smile.

***

Toby is furious, his expression would be enough to make her flinch if she didn't know him. His goggles and mouth guard are off, showing his dark glaring eyes and furrowed eyebrows. His mouth formed in a snarl. He has a hatchet out held in a tight grip, "I'm going to kill you—"

Y/N feels like she's going to pass out any second, her head falls forwards, wet hair covering her face and sticking to her cold flushed cheeks.

"You don't want to do that, or I'll have to hurt little Y/N here even more." Tim laughs a little, grabbing a fistful of her tangled hair, lifting her head up. Her tear-filled eyes meet Toby's. She sees him hesitate as he lowers his hatchet. She sees the conflict in his frustrated expression before he slowly hangs his weapon back on his belt.

She hears Tim begin to talk again but doesn't listen as her eyes slowly start to close in exhaustion. She was so tired and felt lightheaded. Sleep sounded nice.

Just as she was about to pass out, Tim lightly slaps her face making her lift her head, "Don't fall asleep now, I'm about to tell you why Tobias has been leaving you alone for days. Don't you want to know where he's been going to?" He asks her like Toby wasn't standing there. Like he wasn't holding a knife to her throat. He speaks to her as if she were a close friend.

She can't trust a word he says, but when she sees Toby freeze up at his words, she wills herself to stay awake now curious at what Tim had to say.

"Well, as I was saying, Tobias was at a bar drinking his worries away and comes across a man. He started talking to him and found out that this man was no other than your father, Y/N! And guess what? He killed him days later after stalking him, even with knowing who he was." Tim speaks, looking down at her to see her reaction.

She doesn't believe him. He would never do that. Y/N looks up at Toby to see if what he said was true. He avoids her eyes.

"Toby...?"She whispers as softly as the rain fell, which was slowly starting to lighten up into a gentle drizzle.

When she sees Toby's expression, she knows Tim isn't lying. He doesn't deny it, he doesn't meet her gaze. He just stands still, with eyes filled to the brim with guilt.

Toby killed her father.

Her only remaining family was dead. Sometimes she hated her father, yes, but she would never want him killed. She never wished death upon anyone. (Except Saskia.) She felt more than hurt. Betrayal, maybe. Her breathing becomes shaky, she bites her lip to try to hold herself together yet the world around her was falling apart. The scenery around her becomes blurry, her heart felt numb yet ached at the same time.

Tim chuckles, "Tobias, she's speechless, you fucked up. Your little girlfriend is never going to forgive you now."

For the millionth time today, she starts to cry. Her whole body shakes as she feels Tim release his grip on her. No sobs escape her, she only needs tears to lament over the man that abandoned her. She hated that she still loved him, even after leaving her. She could never let go. Let go of the happy memories they shared. She gets too attached to people. Just like she had with Toby.

This all happened because she was stupid enough to become friends with a murderer. She was stupid to fall in love with one. She was so stupid, what did she think would happen?

She thought he would love her the same, she thought she would wake up to kisses and breakfast in bed. She thought that maybe she could be normal. And if becoming normal was to become lovers with a murderer, she was willing enough to take the risk. But now, she just loved him for being him. For being there for her when she needed him. When she needed some type of reassurance.

Y/N feels a hand land on her shoulder. She looks up to see Toby standing in front of her, she flinches away from him. "Don't touch me."

Even if it hurt, she couldn't bring herself to hate him.

Not even looking up at him again, she turns away. She didn't want to see him right now. She doesn't want to talk to him but she needs answers. She doesn't know what to do.

"How long were you going to keep this from me...?" She asks Toby weakly, still shaking from both the pain and cold. Before he could reply, she asks, "Were you ever going to tell me? That you...killed my father?"

"I was going to tell you, I just thought—"

"Thought what?" She snaps, finally looking up to meet his eyes, "You would have just waited until I figured it out myself, you probably would have never even told me, even if I didn't figure it out."

He looks pained, but she doesn't give much thought to it, "Let me explain, please—"

"There's nothing to explain, you killed the only family I had left!" Y/N looks away from him, his expression was getting to her. It was too painful. Her vision was starting to slowly go out, her lightheadedness slowly catching up to her.

It grew silent, The rain was lighter and misty now. As if it knew of her hardships both behind and ahead so it fell softly on the world below setting its pity on all who despise it or yearn for attention from it.

Each small droplet alighted on her skin with just enough coolness to command her mind to the present, to pull her away from the pain.

"As much as I want to see this go down, I'm afraid you two are out of time. Master is coming to retrieve you both."The sudden voice of Tim who was feet away startles her. She forgot he was here.

Toby curses loudly, running a hand through his matted down hair.

Tim pulls his mask down to hide his smile, "You better start running, Tobias." Then he's walking away, further into the dense trees.

Not even seconds later, Toby hurries over to her, "Sunshine, I know you don't want to but we need to get out of here quickly!" His words are rushed and panicked.

She glares at him with cold eyes, "Don't call me sunshine. I'd rather die than go with you, just leave me here." She was angry now, the sadness of loss was buried deep in her mind. The anger deprived her.

"Y/N, please," He looks at her with pleading eyes and she is surprised to see tears running down his face. It stabs her in the heart, but even if his expression broke her she knew she couldn't go with him.

She couldn't trust him anymore.

This is an amazing drawing, thank you:)! The artist who has drawn this used the original art by Jordan Persegati as a reference.

///Fanart has been removed because the person who drew it didn't want it up anymore.///