C. 39

A hand clasps her wrist and she is unaware, but slowly she is towed upward to the daylight above.

Only then when her head almost reaches above the rushing water does she feel herself pass out.

***

There is a heavy pressure on her chest, coming every other second in hard pushes.

"Come on...Y/N."

She can't breathe and her eyes refuse to open. The pressure stops and her head is tilted back by a hand by her chin. She feels fingers pinch her nose then warmth envelopes her cold lips.

Oxygen suddenly makes it way into her lungs and her eyes fly wide open, turning on her side she starts to cough up water. Her throat is sore and her two limps were no longer numb. They were painful, searing hot. Sending a sharp signal down and up her spine again. Over and over. It was pure agony.

Small whimpers of pain shake her body, hands desperately push her to lie back down and pressure is applied to the deep wound on her leg. Her leg feels hot from blood and cold from blood loss. She feels so weak, she barely managed to breathe properly.

"Stay awake, sunshine." He has a hand on her cheek, looking into her eyes in panic. Maybe he knows she will die if her leg isn't treated to stop the constant blood flow.

Looking past Toby, she sees a rainbow in the sky as she predicted earlier. She tries to smile, feeling ready to fall unconscious. "Hey...Toby?"

"Yes?" His voice trembles, from the cold or the fear of saying a final goodbye.

"There's a...rainbow." She stumbles over her words, eyes fluttering, "It's so pretty..."

Darkness seems so welcoming now, her eyesight becomes spotted so she closes her eyes. She couldn't take the waves of pain. Soon enough it all stops, her breathing slows down as if she were sleeping, the pain disappearing. Her heart slowly ceases from pumping.

"Y/N, please-"

She blacks out.

**"

White blinds her, it's all she can see. She can hear sounds. Voices. They are muffled but she can somewhat understand.

"Please, you owe me a favor." Someone says frantically.

Another person responds, "That was years ago and helping you will make Slenderman ruin our agreement-"

"I know, but just please, help her! I...I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she died..."

Silence. Long silence. Y/N moves her fingers with enough effort, eyes opening slightly. She sees Toby and a man in a blue mask, his clothing all black. They both stand at the end of the bed she was laid on, both staring at each other as if in a stare down.

"Toby?" Her voice sounds so weak and quiet. Since it was so silent, both of their heads shoot in her direction immediately. Toby rushes by her, his hand holding her face. "It's okay, Sunshine. You'll be okay, I promise."

Once again, her eyes become heavy, "I'm tired..." She breathed out quietly. Toby gives her a forced smile, "Just sleep, okay?" His thumb brushes over her pale face which only turned paler by the minute. "I...I love you." She finds herself smiling up at him, "Re...ally?" Her voice started to trail off, she was falling asleep.