Bonus Chapter; Oreos

The air smelled like flowers.

Their scent becomes diffuse in the warming breeze and she held her head high to savor it. She savors the taste, the feeling. It was so refreshing, the air was clean and everything about spring was already so beautiful in every single way. From the trees to the bold yellow dandelions blooming everywhere; it was perfect.

It's been three years since everything happened. Three years since she escaped from the Mental institution.

Since then, she and Toby travel around aimlessly while trying to survive through each day. Waking up every morning to remember that she will never be normal is dreadful. It's suffocating to have to stay hidden, it's suffocating to be constantly moving around.

It's not that she minded traveling around, it was just having to constantly worry about being noticed or recognized gets irritating. This makes reality look and feels much more agonizing. But when she thinks about it more deeply, she is grateful she has Toby with her.

When she hears distant yelling, she knew Toby was done shopping in the store. So she makes her way back to the car and jumps in the driver's seat with a small sigh. It was way too early in the morning to be doing this.

Starting the engine of the car, Y/N looks down the parking lot to see Toby sprinting away from an elderly woman with a red shopping basket in his hand. The woman was actually quite fast despite her old age. Her arm was harshly swinging around a huge purse, nearly hitting the side of Toby's head when he almost trips over his own feet.

Y/N quiets her laugh by biting her lip, yet a grin still makes its way across her face while she watches him dance around away from the flying purse.

"Shit! Shit! Shiiiittttt!" Toby quickly throws open a car door and he slams it shut before the old lady could reach him. "That lady is insane!" He huffs out heavily as Y/N drives away. She kinda felt bad for the old woman.

"I can't believe you stole from an old lady." She teases him, still laughing. He looks at her with a sharp glare, "That was not a lady, it was a demon! And I only stole from her because she had Oreos!" He insists, jumping up to the passenger seat with the shopping basket. His hand reaching for the seatbelt.

Shaking her head at him with a chuckle, she replies, "Sure." This earns an eye roll from him when she glances his way for a second.

It's quiet after that for a few seconds, she can hear him rummaging through the shopping basket before he suddenly gasps in pure horror.

"Adult diapers!"

Next story part: Bonus Chapter; Near the campfire