C. 02

Her room didn't have much in it, a toilet and sink where her toothbrush, hairbrush, and her other things were at, a shower where its hot water would only last 8 minutes, a drain in the floor.

It wasn't much, but at least it was something that was her own.

She closes her eyes, sighs and complies to float in her thoughts.

***

There's something watching her from the forest across the small field of yellow grass. Not an animal, a person, a man with a slim figure.

She can't see his features or much detail of what he is wearing. Just the colors of his figure from far away. He looks strange. Making sudden jerking movements, twitching ever so often.

His figure is a mixture of brown, blue, black and orange.

She stares back, the palm of her hand on the frosted window, leaning her forehead against to glass. Her curious eyes not once leaving him. She has never seen a person outside her window before, the first person she has seen in ages, actually.

Her eyes falter away from his figure as he begins to walk away, into the forest of towering trees until he's out of sight. She simply shrugs him off.

Y/N pulls away from the window and leans back in her bed, and grabs her small notebook from inside her pillowcase along with her pen.

'Entry 37

I have been here for years now. Some days I just have to move around or do something fearing that one day I may forget myself or who I am. I think seeing the outside world helps me keep myself sane and aware of the present.

But I also really hate my window. For taunting me with the outside world. Letting me see it but never allowing me to feel the breeze.

I want to break the window, break it and run free into the forest awaiting me. I want to run until I collapse and have to crawl.

And finally be free.'

Y/N stands up, tossing her small notebook and pen on her bed, and goes to the shower.

***

She dreams of Lucas, his tattered body. The blood trailing down his stomach and he suddenly starts to scream and scream words that are too mixed up to understand, too jumbled up and too broken. She has a mouth full of letters that have formed words to say but she can't sputter out a thing. She can only scream at him, trying to reach, reach and reach hold of him. But he's too far away.

And she wakes up with a gasp, her palms clammy. So tired and so restless she stands up, the blanket falling to the floor. Her chest is heaving, eyes darting around. Y/N pushes back her hair away from her sweaty skin, her hands shaking.

She paces around the room, her fingernails puncturing her skin but she needs to move. She tears the skin away from her fingers and--

There's a man at the window.

She freezes, becoming stiff. She stumbles back, only slightly.

She slowly realizes that he is the same man from yesterday. He looked strange up close, his shoulder suddenly jerked up, startling her.

Slowly, she goes closer. Brown hair, skin so pale it looked gray, orange goggles that made his eyes look golden and a dark mouth guard covering his lower face. She wonders about the man's appearance studying the strange man.

She stops at the side of her bed, tilting her head only a little, frowning. Her fingers still digging into her skin on her palm as a part of her wanted this little episode over.

The man only stares and stares and stares--

Y/N becomes uncomfortable, grabs her pillow, and stuffs it in front of the window blocking his view of her. She sits on her bed, waits a few minutes. Waits some more. Waits, waits. Slowly removes the pillow, wincing slightly expecting him to still be there.

He was gone. She sighs in relief, throws her pillow back on her bed, picks her blanket up from off the floor and goes to lay down again, still exhausted. She just hopes she doesn't have nightmares again.

***

Y/N eats today. After who knows how many days of not eating. She doesn't taste it all that much, cringing as she feels the squishy texture. It was cold. She doesn't finish even half of it.

After she flushes the rest down her toilet, she makes her bed. Ruins it again. Makes it again. Ruins it again. Makes it again. This went on for a while. She was bored out of her mind and wanted to move. She couldn't keep still.

The man was back again, watching her remake her bed for the 20th time. He seemed to be amused, by the way, his eyebrows lifted up only slightly behind his hair. His elbow supported his chin in his hand that rested on the window seal on the outside.

Y/N felt uncomfortable with him watching her again, she was really considering to cover up the window with her pillow like she did the day before.

And so she did.

The man was gone again.