C. 23

"C'mon, bro."

"No."

"Okay, okay...where will I be sleeping then?"Ben grumbles, folding his arms over his chest.

"You can sleep on the couch."

"...Fine."

***

Once BEN leaves the bathroom, Toby looks at Y/N and pats the counter by the sink with his hand.

She looks at him with confusion in her eyes, "What?"

"Up. I need to clean your arms and legs so they don't get infected."He replies shortly, pulling out cleaning alcohol, gauze and more bandages. She listens to him and hops up on the counter.

"Where did you go?"She wonders while watching him unwrap her old bandages and pull them off. The sight of her arms, covered in old scars and new scratches is normal. She is all too familiar with this process of gaining scars.

"I just...needed to let off some steam."He tells her slowly, she sees him study her arms in an almost tortured expression.

He stares too long, his expression changing to something so, so mysterious yet so, so obvious. Her, not thinking clearly, instantly replies to break his staring, "Oh...uh-..you know you can always talk to me."

He glances at her and starts to clean her arms, "Yeah, I know. I just needed some time alone to clear my head is all."

He looks as if he doesn't want to talk further about it so Y/N changes the subject, "So, when were you going to tell me about your 'master'?"

Toby grimaced, eyebrows furrowed, "...I was going to eventually, but since so much has been going on I decided to wait until things settled down before explaining everything."

"Don't worry about that. It's better for me to be aware than to be in the dark."Y/N speaks with a small smile, watching him dressing her arms up in new bandages. 

"I guess."He sighs dryly, not convinced.

It's then silent, the only sound heard was rummaging and breathing. Upon it being quiet, she has a chance to suddenly remember something.

"You remember that day when I was still in the asylum and you showed up injured? How did that happen? You never really got a chance to tell me."She recalls at the memory, lost in thought.

"Yes, you could say that I got into a fight of some sort," Toby says with an unamused voice as if thinking of it all over again.

"Fight? With who?"She looks at him concerned, wishing she had asked him sooner. With everything going on recently she had forgotten it had ever happened.

"Just good ol' Tim, "Toby laughs sarcastically while cleaning her legs, "He was wondering why I was gone. Don't dwell on it, I can't really feel physical pain so it's fine."

Y/N almost gasps in surprise with quick blinking eyes, "Wait, seriously?"

"Yep. It has its advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes I wish I could, you know, be less dull. It's numb, makes me feel as if I'm not alive."He frowns, pausing to ponder for just a moment.  Long enough for her to see his expression.

"Don't let it get you down. It just shows you are unique."Y/N tells him, the words escaped before she could think and she becomes slightly flustered at herself.

"Unique, huh?"He chuckles, his lips pull up into a smile revealing a dimple on his cheek as he gazes up at her. He finished bandaging her legs up seconds ago and has been staring at her.

She awkwardly nods her head, admiring his smiling expression. If she could, she would gaze into his eyes forever while not caring about time going by them, without taking notice of anything.

He grabs her hand suddenly, eyes never leaving hers, "You are so special to me."He whispers, bringing her knuckles to brush her skin with his lips. His smile is the kind of smile that makes you forget how to do everything and you just can't help but not look away with unblinking eyes afraid you would miss something. A glimpse of something amazing, something beautiful that falls away too fast to take a picture.

Rose petals are dusting across her face, and she begins to say something, she tries to speak, to say a word and to spit out words but trips over nothing and is rendered helpless.

She tries to tell herself that her heart is losing its mind and that it is just her imagination playing cruel tricks on her.

Toby speaks warmly, "Well, I am all done. Let's head to bed, sunshine."He helps her down, still holding her hand as he leads her out of the bathroom and to his bedroom.

***

The sky is crying, rain-like-mist covering Y/N's face as she studies her surroundings in wonder.

It's early in the morning, birdsong is drowned out by whistling wind piercing and biting her skin. The cold, not once interrupted her train of thoughts as she took in her surroundings.

Breathing in the rain-scented air, with fingers grazing over the trees, she glances up at the gray sky and takes in what it all has to offer in a welcoming hug of appreciation.

Over the past two days, since BEN has arrived, she stays silent most of the time. Her eyes scanning the pages of her notebook all day, gathering the words, creating skyscrapers and keeping them safe in her forever embrace as long as she could remember.

Y/N has memorized every entry, every sentence in fear she will forget herself with all the change going on. She hates change but also doesn't hesitate to accept it even when it leaves her vulnerable and bare to the world.

She stays outside for hours until the sky is dark and until the cold became too much for her.

Closing the door to Toby's room, she then lays down on the small couch in his room, where she has been sleeping since BEN had arrived.

Toby is in the shower.

Feeling cold, she cuddles deeper under her covers and tries to ignore a forming headache. Deciding it was best to sleep, she closes her eyes and attempts to fall asleep.

@LoliBerry629, thank you, it looks great!