Chapter 31

~previously~
" Oh Karisma my dear stupid Karisma " I let go of her wrist and waited for what she was going to say. She kept laughing until she finally says what she has to say. She crosses her arms and smirks.

" Did you forget that getting a divorce has to be signed and approved by both couples. And trust me when I say this Karisma. I will never ! Give Derrick a divorce ! " She walked away and slammed the door leaving me standing there flabbergasted.

~ Karisma's pov ~
How could I have been so stupid ! Of course she wouldn't want to sign the divorce papers I mean why would she. She has evil written all over her. How in the hell are we going to do this now. If Derrick can't divorce her then there could be no us !

I have to talk to him immediately! Grabbing my phone from the counter I give him a call. On the second ring he answers.

" Hey gorgeous " I blush at what he says because he always calls me that whenever he answers my calls but then I quickly remember the reason into why I called him.

" Hey we need to talk !" He stays quite for a while before answering.

" You don't want to try this anymore do you " He sighs and continues talking.

" Gosh I knew it ! I knew you wouldn't want to risk it ! But here I was love struck thinking you would actually want to give this a try ! Wow I'm such an idiot !"

" Derrick " I try calling him.

" Man a part of me knew this would happen I hoped that I was wrong but looky here I was right! Why does everything have to happen to me! "

" Derrick ! " I tried a little louder.

" Please tell me you're joking ! Why dear god WH- ! "

" DERRICK ! " he finally shut his mouth and I took that as my opportunity to speak.

" I'm not "breaking up with you" ." I grinned as I rolled my eyes.

" You're not " He said so quietly I could Barely here him.

" No dummy !" I could here him sigh in relief before he almost burst out my ear drums.

" THANK GOOODDDD!!! JESUS WOMAN YOU SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH ! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!" I busted out laughing while shaking my head.

" Well since you didn't kill me what's up ? " I sighed and wished we didn't have to have this conversation.

" So Scarlett paid me a visit today " the phone went silent for a moment before I heard the sound of a door slam.

" I'm on my way !" Was all I heard before the line went dead.

After 7 min I heard a knock on my door. Getting up I opened the door and was attacked by Derrick.

" Whoah calm down tiger " he pulled away and cupped my cheeks bringing his head down to place a tender kiss on my lips.

" Please tell me she didn't do anything to you. Because I swear if she touched you I will go look for her and take care of her myself ! " I wrapped my arms around his neck to try and calm him down as he rested his forehead against mine.

" No she didn't do anything, it's what she said actually. " he lifted his head and gazed into my eyes.

" what did she say " sighing I knew that this conversation would take a while so I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to sit on the couch.

" She came to tell me to try to convince you Into not divorcing her. And of course I got defensive and there was a lot of yelling. I might have slapped her and told her that you will divorce her and that we will get back together to become a family."

"But of course being the evil brat she is she said that she wasn't going to give you the divorce no matter what. I'm scared Derrick what if she really doesn't give you the divorce. Then we can't be together!"

" Hey hey don't talk like that. We'll figure something out okay. She can't do anything to stop us from being together. As long as we work together we'll get through this okay." He lifted my hand and placed a gentle kiss across my knuckles.

I smiled and shook my head. He pulled me up so I could sit on his lap. I then rested my head on his chest enjoying the steady sound of his heart beat. It was like music to my ears. There is no place that I would rather be than here with him.

I love this man so much that I wouldn't give a dam risking my life for him. He is everything to me. Though ale would still have a special place in my heart because he taught me how to love again after everything that happened to me and I will never forget him. I just hope that wherever he is, he is filled with happiness and peace. I will always remember him no matter what.

I woke up in bed with strong arms wrapped around my waist. Slowly turning around I admired derricks sleeping face. I just couldn't get enough of him. He is gorgeous and I will forever not get tired of looking at his face. Is that creepy ? Oh well then.

I reached up my fingers and traced his lips then moved up to his cheekbones and down to his jawline. Moving forward I placed a kiss on his lips and right as I was about to pull back a hand entangled into my hair and pulled me back in. I got on him to straddle his waist as I deepened the kiss. Pulling back I tried to catch my breath as I stared into hypnotizing blueish gray eyes.

He smiled and tucked in a strand of hair behind my ear.

" Good morning my love "

" Good morning handsome " kissing his nose I climbed off his lap or at least tried to before he grabbed my waist and didn't let me go.

" Not so fast. Where do you think you're going ?"

" III am going to make breakfast for my beloved boyfriend so if you wouldn't mind letting me go that would be great."

" Well isn't he one lucky guy then ." He grinned and flipped us over so that he was on top. Giggling I whispered " Very so he should appreciate the things I do for him"

" Oh believe me he does " , " But I believe that this boyfriend of yours should be making you breakfast don't you think ? " putting on my thinking face I said
" Hmmm I don't know , What do you think? "

" I think that if he was a good boyfriend he would always be making you breakfast."

" Oh really ? " I smiled as he shook his head yes and connected his lips with mine. We shared a passionate kiss before we got up did our business and headed down stairs to cook breakfast.

" Do you really have to go ? " I questioned getting sad just by the thought of him leaving.

" As much as I don't want to I'm afraid I do " Derrick kissed my lips and gave me a long hug.

" I'll see you tomorrow at the same cafe as always okay ? "

" I'll be counting down the hours " smiling I gave him one more hug before I let him go. I watched him walk out the door down the hall before he turned around.

" I miss you already !" He yelled. Laughing I closed the door and headed to the kitchen to make myself a snack.

Before I could reach the kitchen my phone rang. Looking for the darn thing I finally spotted it on the living room counter. Walking towards it I picked up and answered without looking at the caller ID.

" Hello ? " i heard nothing so I decided to try again.
" Helloo? " just as I was about to hang up someone spoke and tears filled my eyes as I recognized his voice.

" Mom ? "