Try My Best

A/N: In a comment I explained how the story came to be. Look for that. 

Try My Best

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest said, letting Matt and Catherine share their first kiss as newlyweds.

You watched as the lovers leaned closer, reached for each other's hand to kiss for the first time as husband and wife. Your heart melted by the sight and you felt a warmth spread in your stomach from feeling the love hanging thick in the air on such a nice summer day. 

"Aw, baby." Shawn whispered while leaning slightly towards you. You didn't need to look at him to know that he had a smug painted on his face. "Are you crying?"

"Shut up, Shawn. It's beautiful." You fired back to your defence.

"You're such a hopeless romantic." Shawn mumbled as he planted a tender kiss on your cheek. "Always have been."

Shawn let his hand slide across your thigh, searching for your hand as he intertwined your fingers together and gave them a light embrace. You felt Shawn's eyes burning on yours as your heart continued growing with warmth. Shawn let his thumb brush lovingly against your knuckles while his free hand removed a tear stuck on your bottom lip. 

"I'm a sucker for weddings, okay?" You whispered back while the tears continued to slip silently down your cheeks. 

You were aware that the make-up you spend hours on this morning was ruined and you figured you looked like a mess already. You didn't care much, though. You loved everything about weddings. The laughs, the tears, the heart-warming speeches and the happiness spreading between the people attending. 

You had to chew into your bottom lip as another soft sobs was pressing on while Shawn couldn't hold back a little giggle due to your reaction. Your eyes darted to the side and you caught Shawn smiling sweetly. 

Shawn reached for the pocket in his jacket to pull out a white tissue. You wanted to roll your eyes at how prepared your boyfriend was for your sobbing but at the same time, you found it rather sweet that he had thought about it in advance and had come prepared. 

"I love your soft side." He muttered to you while handing you the tissue from his pocket. He placed his hand on your thighs, caressing you tenderly while the other hand slipped behind your back to pull you a little closer to his side. 

When Matt and Catherine turned around to walk down the aisle of the chruch, you all stood up to clap at them as they began walking out of the large church hand in hand while whispering into each other's ears. 

"They are so good together." You mumbled to Shawn as they passed you on their way out.

"They really are." He said, nodding in agreement. While your eyes were watching the married couple, Shawn turned his attention towards you. He shook his head at you while holding back a small laughter. 

"Will you stop crying?" He teased you, knowing it wasn't in your control to prevent the tears from falling. 

"You know I'm trying." You replied, poking your elbow into his side. 

"Oh honey, come here." Shawn said, his hand reaching for your sore face. "I'll help you." 

Shawn let his fingertips wipe away some of the tears on your damp cheek, leaning closer to kiss your lips afterwards. Shawn reached for another tissues in his pocket and tried to safe the make-up he had watched you put on this morning. Though he tried to hide it, you still caught the small smile that slipped across his pink lips. He removed another mascara smudge from underneath your eyes, before sticking the tissue back in his pocket.