"I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified." - line blurb

1. "I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified."

****

You're both laying in bed, your backs turned towards each other. The room is dark and you feel rather cold, chills covering your body hiding underneath the duvet. You feel Shawn's back against yours, the heat rolling off him. 

You are finally beginning to relax when staying over at his place, but it's been a struggle. To be honest, you're the most comfortable at home. 

The room is quiet, Shawn's calm breathing is the only background noise you hear. And then there's all your thoughts, they are echoing but you're the only one to hear them. 

Tears are forming in your eyes but you're able to prevent the sobs from escaping your mouth. You're not exactly sure what time it is, but you haven't slept all night. You're tense and there's an uncomfortable lump in your throat, you can't seem to swallow. 

"Shawn?" You whisper into the darkness. "Are you awake?" 

You don't move and you hardly even breathe while waiting for a response. You feel Shawn adjust his position in the bed, cuddling further into the covers.

"I am now." He mumbles, but you can tell Shawn's still somewhat in his sleep. 

"Didn't mean to wake you." You apologise, folding your arms around your own body. For some reason, you feel small and insecure. "

It's okay, what time is it?" Shawn asks, somewhat stumbling over his words.

"I don't know." You tell him, swallowing the lump in your throat. "Late." 

Shawn lets out a small yawn while stretching his lank body next to you. He replies with a mumble you can't hear and you feel his body sinking further into the mattress again, he's still drowsy. 

"Then why are you awake?" He asks you and you hide your face into the soft pillow to prevent him from hearing your quiet cries. 

Shawn eyes are still shut and his head is resting on the soft pillow. You swallow the lump that appears in your throat as a bundle of knots form in your stomach. 

"It's nothing." You force yourself to lie, regretting waking him from his sleep. 

"It's not nothing when you're awake at four in the morning." He points out. "Why aren't you sleeping?" 

You hold your breath while your fingers dig into the sheets to cope with the nerves pumping around in your veins. Your heart is beating hard enough to force an ache in your chest. 

"I don't want you to leave." 

As soon as the insecure words stumble from your mouth, you instantly regret having said them aloud. You feel the ache in your chest spread while you struggle to hold back the tears. 

"What?" Shawn hurries to reply rather confused. "Why... What's happening?" 

Shawn leans over to turn on the bedside light, your vision is slurred at first, having to adjust to the brightness in the otherwise dark room. You can feel him staring at you, but you're too embarrassed to turn around and face his worried eyes.

"I just don't want you to leave me." Tears begin to run down your sore cheeks and within seconds, you feel them soaking your pillow. 

"Leave? What are you talking about?" He stutters, a frown appearing between his brows. "Why would I leave?"

Shawn's clearly confused and you don't blame him. He doesn't have a single clue as to what is going on in your head. Most of the time, neither do you.