One Last Time (Smut)

Requested. Piano sex. Not sure how I feel about this, might delete it again.

Word count: 2,605

You were pulled out of your blurry sleep, when the small yet beautiful tones from the piano in the living room rung in your ears. Pushing yourself up with your elbows, you gazed over at your phone on the bedside table.

4 am.

He was home again. It wasn't that you expected Shawn to be lying next to you, honestly, you didn't think he'd come back tonight.

You didn't blame him, though. How did you handle a situation like this?

You listened carefully to the music he was playing; it was slow, sad but somehow it sounded empty. You rubbed your sore eyes, before throwing your numb legs out of the bed, letting your feet touch the cold floor.

Your body always felt rather heavy when you'd been crying.

Walking towards the music, you caught Shawn's silhouette in the dark, chilly room. His eyes were shut, but his cheeks were still swollen and inflamed, probably hurting just as much as yours.

Shawn never really cried, but when he once in a while let the emotions get the best of him, his cheeks would be swollen for hours after.

He was only wearing boxers so it allowed you to watch his back moving while he played and truthfully, you could watch him like this for hours.

Just stand here and listen to him playing, getting just as lost in the music as he did and he wouldn't even notice.

You dragged your body towards him, feeling it being rather heavy and sore. You sat down next to him on the stool, tilting your head.

He kept his eyes shut as his long fingers ran over the white keys. You watched as the tears were still running silently down his face, dropping from his trembling lips to keys on the piano.

"Don't cry, I don't want you to cry" you whispered sorely.

But you didn't blame him, you couldn't stop your tears either. No matter how hard you tried, they kept running down your face.

"How can I not?" Shawn pressed a few keys down harshly, before letting his palms glide off the piano and rest on his bare thighs.

He gazed over at you and the look in his eyes, made a lump appear in your dry throat. The air you had left in your lungs disappeared and you felt like you were suffocating. Your heart crumbled and sank further down to your stomach.

You bit your lip, trying to hold back the tears as you reached out for Shawn's cheek. It was burning. He was burning.

You wiped away some teardrops with your thumb and he pressed his face further against your cold palm. Your touch on his skin made his entire body shiver.

Your heart was pounding, but it felt more like being ripped to shreds every time your heart beat.

"Come here, Shawn" you whispered, pulling him into your arms.