"I'm not jealous." - Line blurb

"Okay Shawn." You say as he closes the front door to your apartment behind him. "Tell me why you're angry with me." You watch his back as he leans down to untie his shoes and drop them on the floor. 

"I'm not angry with you." He brushes off, shoulders shrugging slightly as he takes of the white Saint Laurent hoodie. 

You roll your eyes in a sigh as he continues to avoid contact with you as much as he can. He's a little drunk and struggling to hang the hoodie on the hook in the dim hall. 

"Come on, Shawn." You huff as you tilt your head to the side, your shoulder leaning against the black wall. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." 

"You clearly ignored me most of the night and you hardly said to words on the way home." You point out, raising your voice just a little. "Why are you so grumpy?"

You demand to know as you reach for his hand. You're surprised when he drags his hand from yours to prevent you from intertwining your fingers with his. 

"Just leave it, okay?" He mumbles back without as much as looking your way. 

You feel a yank in your heart from your boyfriend's obvious attitude towards you and it leaves you with an uncomfortable lump in your throat. 

Shawn had been avoiding you all night, barely answering your questions or returning your tender touches and you didn't have a clue as to why, he was acting like such an idiot. 

Without looking your way, Shawn threw his keys on the table in the hall and walked towards the living room. For a slight second there, you wanted to strangle his stubborn ass.

"Seriously Shawn, what the hell is going on?" You yell in frustration and follow him into the living room. 

Finally, Shawn turns to look at you. When his eyes fall on yours, you feel knot in your stomach within the matter of seconds, they are colder than normally. 

Shawn chews on his lip and cracks his fingers loudly and all you can do, is wait patiently for an answer. You're aware he only does that when he's upset. 

"I just don't get why you and Brian ran off together for more than an hour." He says, his slurred eyes flickering the room. 

You hear the anger in his voice and though he's completely calm, you know his entire body is vibrating with frustration. 

Still, you can't help the little laughter that slips from your mouth. 

"That's what's bothering you? That I was talking to Brian?" 

"You guys were more than talking, you disappeared together and basically spend the whole night glued by the hip." 

You shake your head at his accusing words and can't prevent yourself from smiling widely. He's such an idiot sometimes. 

"Shawn, it's Brian. You know I would never." 

"Do I?" He replies bitterly with a frown between his brows. 

"You're jealous." 

"I'm not jealous." He grunts back but you watch his eyes fall to the floor and you know he's lying.

"Shawn, honey." You take a step towards him as your hand slips behind his neck and forces him to look at you. "Babe, it's Brian. We're friends, nothing more. I went off with Brian because Sophie was there." 

"Sophie? Who the hell is that?" 

"That girl from university he's completely smitten with. He's was nervous about talking to her and I was trying to help him out." 

"Wait, what?" Shawn asks confused, a small wrinkle appearing on his forehead. 

"I was wing-maning him. Getting him confident enough to talk to her." You assure him, your palm cupping his heated cheek. 

"But I thought... I mean, you guys were..." Shawn stumble over his words as he makes the calculations in his head. "So you weren't?" 

"No, Shawn. I would never. You're it for me." You promise as your boyfriend shakes his head with a small smile. The only smile you have seen all night. 

"I'm sorry, love. I know you wouldn't and I know that Brian wouldn't. I guess, maybe it bothers me a little you're getting along with my friends so well, because sometimes they see more of you than I do. And watching you two drift off together just made me a little..." 

"I thought you weren't jealous." You tease him as you tip toe to kiss him. He tastes bitter from the alcohol, but his sweetness is lingering underneath. 

He laughs against your mouth and you feel his arms lock around your waist. "Fuck off." He tells you and shuts you up for good with a steamy kiss.