"Do you still think I'm pretty?" | line blurb

"Do you still think I'm pretty?" You ask him, eyes darting towards his face. 

You're sitting in the garden on a blanket, eating fruit and watching the sunset. It has become a ritual during the quarantine to end your days like this. 

You quite like it. 

There is something rather intimate about sitting with each other in silence, watching the sun go down. It's calming. 

"Do I what?" Shawn asks confused as a frown appear between his brows. He sends you a warm smile and reaches for another piece of mango from the plates in front of you. 

"You heard me." You say, rolling your eyes with a small smile. "Do you still think I'm pretty?" 

"Why wouldn't I still think that?" He wonders and chews on a bite of melon. 

You shrug your shoulders as a sudden wave of insecurity peaks your mind, it makes a bundle of knots appear in your stomach. Your fingers are circling the grass as your eyes dart around the yard. 

Usually you like to make an effort on your appearance, wearing nice clothes, doing your make-up or styling hair makes you feel like such a power-woman. Going to work wearing something you feel good in makes you more positive and productive, curling your hair leaves you more with confidence, going all out with an eye shadow makes you feel like a badass. But since quarantine began, you haven't really seen the point in doing so. 

"I feel like all I ever do is wear sweats and tuck my hair in a bun." Shawn looks sideways to find your eyes, his tongue slipping between his lips and he shrugs his shoulders. 

"And that's a problem?" He jokes, shaking his head slightly. "I enjoy not having to wear jeans all day." 

"It's not a problem, I guess." You mumble and chew on a piece of mango. 

"Then what?" 

"It's just... Since we can't really go out and stuff, I don't really put an effort into my looks and I was just wondering..."

"Wondering what?" Shawn asks you and you feel the heat in your cheeks. 

"If you noticed." You blur, chewing into your lip. You don't really have a reason to, but suddenly you feel slightly embarrassed. 

"Well, I didn't." Shawn replies and you feel a yank in your heart. 

Shawn reaches for you and pulls you across the blanket and onto his lap. His thumb slides down your jaw as he sends you a smile. 

"You always look pretty to me." He tells you, his soft eyes finding yours. "Whatever you're wearing, however you've done your hair. It really doesn't matter." 

Shawn leans forward to plant a sweet kiss on your lips, it makes your stomach flip. He folds his arms around your waist and gives you a tight embrace. 

"Even when you're wearing my old hoodie, that's way too big for you by the way, and I know you haven't showered for two days, I'm still in awe when I look at you". 

Shawn looks at you with a smile, his thumb sliding under your chin to look at you properly. You feel the heat in your cheeks and you cannot hide the smile from your face. 

"You are always my favourite view, the most breath-taking view." He assures you and leans forward to kiss you. "No matter what."