Can I hold your hand? - Line blurb

"Is the coffee good?" Shawn asks you, putting his wallet back in the pocket of his jeans. You nod in response, halfway through your first sip of the hot liquid already. 

"This place makes the best coffee I've ever had. Got me through tons of exams. You don't know what you're missing." You tell him while shaking your head, eyes looking disapproving down at the cup of tea in his hand. 

Shawn rolls his eyes at your teasing, but he doesn't succeed in hiding the wide smile that runs across his face. 

"Well, you're the one who's never had tea." He points out, raising an eyebrow towards you. "You don't know what you're missing." 

"My mother told me strong women drink coffee." You reply with a smile, sticking your tongue out at him. 

Shawn rolls his eyes but then shrugs his shoulders, giving in to the discussion quicker than you expect him to. By now, Shawn knows that arguing with you is never a good idea. It amuses you, really. All the things he lets you get away with saying, jokingly of course, but still. 

You begin to walk down the street and Shawn follows closely beside you, sipping his tea as hot as possible and you wonder how he's not burning himself. Shawn's never really been in the area of your university, it's way across town from where he lives but you didn't hesitate to say yes when he asked to take you for coffee in between your classes. 

You walk in silence for a while, but it feels good to you. You enjoy Shawn's company without the need to be talking constantly and it feels nice, walking around campus with him. 

You hang out from time to time, mostly with friends, but lately he's been texting you loads and taking you on road trips and you never realised how lovely really Shawn is. He is the shy one out of your common friends, the laid-back one who likes to listen to the conversation instead of being the conversation. The completely opposite to Brian really, who's always talking people's ear off. 

You look towards the tall, brown-haired guy next to you and you almost stumble over your own feet. Shawn laughs at with, but you can tell he feels as unsteady as you do. It's strange, really. You're grown people, but something about him makes you feel like an insecure teenager who's falling in love for the first time. 

You feel Shawn's eyes on your, it makes you chew the edge of the coffee cup as the butterflies seem to crack in your stomach. A smile spreads on his lips while he pushes back a few curls and you instantly feel the heat run you're your spine. 

"What?" You ask him and he looks at you with a goofy smile. 

"Nothing." He shrugs, his hand scratching the back of his neck. He seems a little nervous, you don't blame him. For some reason, so do you. 

"Then why are you looking at me like that?" You watch as the heat raises in his cheeks and he turns red within the matter of seconds. It's rather cute. 

"I was just... I was thinking maybe..." Shawn stutters through his words and it makes you giggle slightly. 

"You were what?" You ask him, your tongue sliding between your lips. 

"I was thinking I'd like to hold your hand." He says, clearing his throat. "Can I hold your hand?" 

You're surprised at his question, it's not a usual thing to ask about, but you do think it's cute. You wonder if he's insecure about your feelings towards him. 

"No, you can't hold my hand." You say and you can tell he's disappointed. You take a step closer to his lank body, feeling his warmth against immediately. "But you can kiss me instead." You whisper and a smile runs across his face. 

It doesn't take Shawn more than a second to place his lips on yours, eager to meet your warmth. Your body lingers when he spreads your lips and you allow his tongue to slowly glide into your mouth. 

You don't know why but you're surprised with how good of a kisser he is. 

Shawn's free hand slips behind your neck and he pulls you a bit closer to deepen the kiss, while his thumb is circling the skin on your neck. 

When you finally break to both get air, you can't stop a small smile from appearing on your face. Shawn leans closer to press his forehead against yours. 

"You taste like coffee." He pouts. 

"You better get used to it."