Realization

I was pulled out of my heavy sleep feeling rather warm. Much more than I usually did. My steamy back was sticking to the white sheets and I could feel my wild curls glued onto my forehead.

The heat surprised me until I remembered she didn't leave me last night. She didn't rush out of my apartment after having sex like she usually did. For the first time, she stayed in my bed with me.

She stayed behind; talking for hours, eating ice cream of the same spoon and sipping some cheap carton wine and I guess we both drifted into sleep.

Tilting my head to the slide, I caught her face within seconds; her cheeks were heated and a little rosy gloss had spread on them, her eyelashes were flickering softly and her perfect mouth made little snoring noises that slipped out of her plump lips.

Her breaths were short but rather deep and she barely even moved her chest when exhaling deeply again. Our bodies were entangled to each other's - almost like a little puzzle - her leg was wrapped tightly around my left thigh, while my arms where shut around her naked body. In my sleep, I had manged to pull her as close to my chest as I possibly could.

Her long, curly hair was sticking to my chest and her fingers were digging into the skin on my arm. Gently, not wanting to wake her, I let my fingertip slip across her burning lips before slowly stroking her cute, little nose.

I knew I was playing with fire when I let my nose tip brush against her warm lips. If I woke her up with my movements, I knew she would leave the second she opened her eyes. And though I tried fighting it, all I really wanted right no, was to hold her. Just hold her, watch her sleep peacefully in my arms and feel her soft skin against mine.

I always loved when she had been in my bed: I loved how my bedsheets smelled like her even days after. I buried my nose into her messy hair, taking in the sweet sense of cherry from her favourite shampoo, kissing her gently along her jawline.

I'd had plenty of different girls in my bed. Girls, I had just met. Girls, I didn't really care about. Girls, whose name I couldn't remember in the morning. Girls, that never really managed to make me feel things inside. But she was always so different from everyone else, it always felt different with her.

Maybe that's the reason I keep coming back; I keep seeking her way without even knowing why but I just can't help it. I always find myself going back to her warm kisses and soft skin.

We were supposed to be only friends. Friends, who hooked up once in a while when I was back from tour but really, I was always counting the days until I returned simply because of her. Because that meant I got to see her.

My fingers were moving down her bare arms, twisting in small circle and I managed to leave chills all over her naked body just by touching her like this.

Suddenly, her head moved a little on my chest and she tossed in the bed. Seconds after, her drowse yet confused eyes were darting around the room. It took her a second or two to open her eyes completely but when she did, she gazed over her shoulder to look at me.

"Morning"

"Shawn?" she yawned, rubbing her sore eyes.

My lips brushed against her shoulder before I nipped her tender skin teasingly. She rolled to the side to face me and this time, a wide smile - I had otherwise been trying to hide - escaped and ran across my dry lips.

Her hair was messy, her mascara was mushed underneath her dark eyes and her lips were a little swollen. I knew she hated looking like this - a mess - but I loved this sight more than anything in the entire world.