Say It First (Smut)

I had just gotten off from yet another busy day of rehearsing with the guys for the up-coming tour around Europe and though I was excited to get back on the road again, I was feeling rather exhausted and a slight headache was beginning to nag me.

As much as I loved what I did and my insane schedule was mostly fun to me, I couldn't deny that working non-stop and traveling the world left it obvious traces on me when I forgot to relax once in a while as well.

As Mike gave me a ride home, I was too tired to listen to his endless rambling about drumsticks and music, but I managed to nod at the right times and seem somewhat interested in what he was going on about.

I stared out of the window as cars passed beside me in the dark while thinking about what the plans were when I got home. I was currently living with my best friend – since she had gotten kicked out of her dorm for smoking weed, which wasn't really a surprise to me – but it was nice for once having someone around when I was home.

I had known her for years and years and I guess she made me feel less lonely. Suddenly I wasn't all alone with my thoughts, I actually had someone to share them with, someone who never seemed to judge me.

Since it was a Saturday night, the chances of her going out with friends and dragging me along was rather high but I didn't really mind it, though. Her friends were pretty cool and I always had a good time when being around them.

And really, I wanted to spend as much time with her as I possibly could. Alone or with others, it didn't matter to me. I felt more comfortable when she was around, a little less tense and I lately, I'd been craving that feeling more than I usually did.

Mike turned into the familiar parking lot as I reached for my bag, thanking him for the ride home before jumping out of the black car and headed towards my apartment. As I unlocked the front door and stepped into the hall, I couldn't hear any sign of her being home. Sadly.

No loud music, no chatting in the distant nor any noise from the tv in the living room. The lights were out too and her coat wasn't laying on the floor, I noticed, since I wasn't tripping over it on the way in as usual.

She was great, rather messy but great.

I figured she had already left for town, half drunk on a bottle of vodka with a friend in her arm, singing along to some indie song, I'd never heard before.

A slight disappointment reached the surface of my stomach as I pushed the warm hoodie over my head and carelessly let it fall on the floor. Moving my head to each side, desperately trying to ease up my tense muscles, my ears suddenly caught a faint, unfamiliar, rather strange noise coming from the end of the dark hallway.

At first, I couldn't quite out my finger on it but as I walked further towards the source of the noise, it sounded like a small sob coming from y/n's room at the end of the hall.

A sudden heat flashed to my cheeks as I realised it was a soft moan and the panic began to pumping in my veins and the noises grew wider.

Who was she hooking up with? That dude from last Friday night with the stupid beard?

As I wondered about it, a sudden tug started in my chest and forced a sharp pain to spread within a few seconds. The thing was, I liked her. I probably always had. From when we met each other as kids, into our younger years starting school and all the way till now.

I had always convinced myself it was a silly, little crush that would pass at some point but no, ever since she moved in and we practically spend each waken moment together, I found myself falling all in her.

Her long, wavy hair and those loving eyes. The way she bit the tip of her fingernail when she was fully focused on something to the way her smile could light up a room when she walked in. She was without a doubt the most beautiful person, I had ever come across. And I was all about her.